yconic - McMaster Engineering Management
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Engineering Management

A photo of Muirhead11 Muirhead11
I am attending McMaster for Engineering next year and I want to go into the Engineering & Management program. How difficult is it to get into this program? I beleive you get to choose which engineering program you go into after first year based on your 1st year marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of loyolalax9 loyolalax9

@Muirhead11 wrote
I am attending McMaster for Engineering next year and I want to go into the Engineering & Management program. How difficult is it to get into this program? I beleive you get to choose which engineering program you go into after first year based on your 1st year marks

Mcmaster's GPA system is based on a 12 point scale. The cutoffs change every year due to the interest level of each program. At the end of the year, you choose your top 3 choices. 80% got their first choice last year. The most competitive programs are mechanical, mechatronics and there's one more i believe, it may be biomed, I can't remember but if you end up with an 9+ first year (high 70's), you're pretty much guaranteed your first choice + management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0