yconic - McMaster Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Engineering

A photo of fiadbrel fiadbrel
So my marks from first semester were,

Physics - 88
Advanced Functions - 84
Chemistry - 83
Web Design (U level course) - 91
Overall average about - 86

4 or 5 of my friends with similar marks got accepted to mcmaster's engineering on friday and im wondering if anyone can say when i should expect a response.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
I highly doubt anyone with "similar marks" got in, so far the only people who have been accepted are those with a 90+ average. Obviously no one on these forums is going to be able to tell you when exactly you'll receive an offer because only the university knows that, but my assumption would be sometime in March.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KidA KidA

@KingKhan wrote
I highly doubt anyone with "similar marks" got in, so far the only people who have been accepted are those with a 90+ average. Obviously no one on these forums is going to be able to tell you when exactly you'll receive an offer because only the university knows that, but my assumption would be sometime in March.

Wrong, A friend of mine has only around a mid-80 average and got accepted into McMaster engineering. Everyone was surprised considering he only got 76 in advanced functions and an 80 in english.

My physics teacher also mentioned a few of his students coming back to say hi and said that McMaster engineering is expanding and this year will have the most engineering acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I have a mid-80 average as well and haven't heard back. My Advanced Functions mark is 92, and Physics 82. Other courses are bunch of random electives. I did very well in grade 11 English, if they even care at this point. Oh well, there's always May acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You should have no trouble getting into Mac with anything over mid-80s. After all, these are only early acceptances. Right now, they look at gr 11 marks and 1st sem marks.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Apparently they're still sending out acceptances, so some of us might be admitted soon. I really hope they do look at grade 11 marks, it'd be nice to get at least one acceptance before May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k3u k3u
I go to a non-semestered school but i got in on Friday as well. Average was approx 88.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mtmeg mtmeg
Got into Mac today, with 90.5 average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted