yconic - McMaster Free Choice?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Free Choice?

A photo of AKhan11 AKhan11
Hey guys, I understand that McMaster has sent out its first batch of acceptances for this year and I was wandering if anyone on the forum received "free choice" for Level II? I personally opened the package that was mailed out to me with great excitement, but to my dismay all it stated was "the admissibility to that program will be considered on a competitive basis"
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
What's your preferred Level II program? I'm sure you'll be accepted to it when it comes time (if you decide to go to Mac).

I did receive Free Choice (I think). It said "You may choose your preferred program; see included letter...."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Beejeong Beejeong
It just means you'll have a free choice of whichever Engineering you wish to go into during second year at Mac (i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)

You'll get a free choice if you maintain a 90 or higher average in high school (I think).

But if you do poorly in first year Engineering at Mac and don't meet the requirements, you'll lose your free-choice.

Not sure if this answered whatever you're asking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0