yconic - McMaster Health Sciences and Life Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Health Sciences and Life Sciences

A photo of dr0g0np0w3r987 dr0g0np0w3r987
What were the cutoffs for Health and Life sciences last year? I heard someone from our school got in with an 86 avg in life sciences at McMaster and some other person go it with a 94 avg for health. If i had a 90 avg do you think i have a shot for any of these programs? What do you think the cutoff be this year? An how does early admission work? Last year i did terrible 74 in bio 80 in chem 88 in math (that is because i did not do anything :( )

Thanks,
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Bowchickawowwow Bowchickawowwow
Get the 90 mark, and whatever you can get after that - just do your best. Just make sure your supplementary is killer. Look at me, I'm in.

Btw, you for sure will get into Life Science with a 90 so don't worry about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
There's no early admission for health sci because they need the time to go through all the supp apps - first round of offers always comes out in the 1st week of May. You must meet the minimum 90% cutoff for your supp app to be considered, but getting 90% on the dot is cutting it close if your supp app isn't amazing.

There's no minimum for life sci, typically the admission average for accepted students is in the high 80s (86-88%) so having an average in that range (or preferably above) puts you in a good spot. Early admission is offered to students with great grade 11 or grade 12 1st sem marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bowchickawowwow wrote
Get the 90 mark, and whatever you can get after that - just do your best. Just make sure your supplementary is killer. Look at me, I'm in.

Btw, you for sure will get into Life Science with a 90 so don't worry about it.

What was you average in grade 12? You have any tips on writing an amazing supplementary ?
So basically i need 90+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@inthemaking wrote
There's no early admission for health sci because they need the time to go through all the supp apps - first round of offers always comes out in the 1st week of May. You must meet the minimum 90% cutoff for your supp app to be considered, but getting 90% on the dot is cutting it close if your supp app isn't amazing.

There's no minimum for life sci, typically the admission average for accepted students is in the high 80s (86-88%) so having an average in that range (or preferably above) puts you in a good spot. Early admission is offered to students with great grade 11 or grade 12 1st sem marks.

Well, i didn't do great in chem and bio last year because i didn't try. But if i have high 80s first sem of grade 12 will i still have the opportunity to get an early acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@dr0g0np0w3r987 wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Well, i didn't do great in chem and bio last year because i didn't try. But if i have high 80s first sem of grade 12 will i still have the opportunity to get an early acceptance?

Yes but probably not, I never applied to Mac life sci but my friends who did had high 80s and weren't offered early admission. A low-mid 90s average is a more likely bet to get that offer. Of course, this all depends on this year's applicant pool and how other people fare compared to you (ie. if a lot of people are applying with lower marks, a high 80s average has a higher chance of getting an early offer).
Was this helpful? Yes 0