yconic - McMaster Health Sciences (bhsc) Grade 11 marks?
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Health Sciences (bhsc) Grade 11 marks?

A photo of jovanaj jovanaj
I have a very strong desire to get into the McMaster Health Sciences program and I am currently finishing my first semester in grade 11. In the beginning I really screwed up and I did bad.. really bad. After midterms, I got it together and I'm doing a lot better now, however, i will still only have an average in the 70's for the first semester. If I continue studying them same amount I have been lately I can certainly get my average up to a 90% for the second semester and throughout grade 12. How badly will these current marks in grade 11 affect my opportunity to get into this program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@jovanaj wrote
I have a very strong desire to get into the McMaster Health Sciences program and I am currently finishing my first semester in grade 11. In the beginning I really screwed up and I did bad.. really bad. After midterms, I got it together and I'm doing a lot better now, however, i will still only have an average in the 70's for the first semester. If I continue studying them same amount I have been lately I can certainly get my average up to a 90% for the second semester and throughout grade 12. How badly will these current marks in grade 11 affect my opportunity to get into this program?

grade 11 marks for Mcmaster Health sciences has ZERO effect. Dont even worry
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
It won't matter so long as you get at least 90% average for your top 6 (including prereqs).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joeylee18 joeylee18

@inthemaking wrote
It won't matter so long as you get at least 90% average for your top 6 (including prereqs).

So only certain grade 11 marks count?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Studentsucess1 Studentsucess1
My marks for grade eleven first semester are not that amazing either but I'm thinking about taking a repeat for math and one of the sciences to increase my knowledge base for grade twelve. I think I might try taking a grade tweleve science course during the second semester as well so I have less of a work load in grade twelve and can concentrate on the other subjects better.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@joeylee18 wrote

@inthemaking wrote

So only certain grade 11 marks count?

Did you take any grade 12 courses in grade 11? Your top 6 are grade 12 English, bio, chem, calc/adv functions/data management; a nonscience, nonmath grade 12 course and another grade 12 course. So only grade 12 courses are included in the top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honeycomb7 honeycomb7
Does Kines (Exercise Science) counts as a non math non science credit?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin

@honeycomb7 wrote
Does Kines (Exercise Science) counts as a non math non science credit?

yep
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw
gr. 11 marks will not in any form affect your admission, so stop worrying about them and start worrying about gr. 12 marks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0