yconic - McMaster Last Chance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Last Chance

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
mac has been first on my ouac list and my average is an 80 on the dot. i thought that if i left it as first choice, mac would take that into consideration. however i recently ready on a forum thread that mac is sending out offers to people who put it as their last choice on ouac and someone with an 80.5 average got accepted and mac was 4 out of 5 on their list. i just switched the order to mac as 4 out of 5 on ouac for me. it takes one business day to process and someone just said theyre making final decisions tomorrow. do you think im too late and stupid for switching the order?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
Are you serious? Think this through properly. The guy who said this was desperate to get in the program, therefore he spread the dumbest rumors.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote
Are you serious? Think this through properly. The guy who said this was desperate to get in the program, therefore he spread the dumbest rumors.

great well i already changed it. oh well, i got into laurier bba, guelph, ottawa, and waterloo and have mentally prepared myself for a rejection from mac so whatever
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

great well i already changed it. oh well, i got into laurier bba, guelph, ottawa, and waterloo and have mentally prepared myself for a rejection from mac so whatever

Order will not matter for acceptance. Laurier BBA is better anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

so then technically it wont matter that i put mac 4 out of 5, right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

so then technically it wont matter that i put mac 4 out of 5, right?

If you meet their standards, you will get an acceptance. At an 80%, your chances are slim. Anyways, you need to maintain a 82% final for Laurier BBA, so step up your game/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of student92 student92

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Got into Laurier BBA with an 80 average? Highly doubtful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@student92 wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

@Bossofbosses wrote

Got into Laurier BBA with an 80 average? Highly doubtful.

i got in in march when they used 3 grade 11 and 3 grade 12 so:

accounting: 87
english: 83
world religions: 82

international business: 97
english: 91
functions: 75

average for march acceptance: 86
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PJ PJ

@thelakeshow wrote
mac has been first on my ouac list and my average is an 80 on the dot. i thought that if i left it as first choice, mac would take that into consideration. however i recently ready on a forum thread that mac is sending out offers to people who put it as their last choice on ouac and someone with an 80.5 average got accepted and mac was 4 out of 5 on their list. i just switched the order to mac as 4 out of 5 on ouac for me. it takes one business day to process and someone just said theyre making final decisions tomorrow. do you think im too late and stupid for switching the order?

I can tell you officially (I work at McMaster) that it does not matter where you list McMaster on the OUAC application in terms of whether or not you receive an offer of admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PJ wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

I can tell you officially (I work at McMaster) that it does not matter where you list McMaster on the OUAC application in terms of whether or not you receive an offer of admission.

oh okay, thank you! what are my chances of getting in with an 80 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bulletxstar bulletxstar

@PJ wrote

@thelakeshow wrote

Hello!

Since you work at Mac I was wondering if you could give me some insight. I was accepted in March for Social Science I at McMaster, but since a few days ago I have found a new interest in becoming a CA. It's too late to apply to an accredited business program now, but not too late to switch over. I was accepted with an 85.5 average and I currently have an 88.5% average, 87% if I add in maths. I have taken Advanced Functions and Data Management where I received 85% in both (It wont move!) and will be graduating with 9 M/U credits. Do you think it is possible to switch so late in the process?

Please and thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

stop waiting on mac; read this post
http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=6105
Was this helpful? Yes 0