yconic - McMaster Life Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Life Science

A photo of gnfnr211 gnfnr211
Alright before I start writing anything, I'd just like to say I'm REALLY sorry for anyone that finds this post unnecessary or redundant. However, I'm a fifth (5th) year student and I've received my midterm marks today from my high school. I've been working very hard this year with the sole goal of getting into the Life Sciences program at McMaster. This program has a rather high average (high 80's) to get into, but I'm just over the minimum average. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some feedback on if I will get an offer from Mac for this program based off these marks:

Biology (SBI4U) (final mark): 90%
Chemistry (SCH4U) (midterm mark): 96%
Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) (midterm mark): 88%
English (ENG4U) (final mark): 87%
International Business (BBB4M) (final mark): 88%
World History:The West & the World (CHY4U) (final mark): 92%

These marks give an overall average of 90.16667% and all classes calculated are acceptable for this program.

Thank you for any feedback!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of larissa42 larissa42
i had a friend last year who got in with an 88 average, your marks are great i wouldn't worry :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Snoozing Snoozing
I'd be surprised if you didn't get in! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
I had also applied to this program as a backup, and 2 weeks ago I confirmed with a Mac counselor that the acceptance average was an 89%. So you have made the cut! Expect a email in the next few days. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@mccannca466 wrote
I had also applied to this program as a backup, and 2 weeks ago I confirmed with a Mac counselor that the acceptance average was an 89%. So you have made the cut! Expect a email in the next few days. :)

lol if you applied to this program as a backup you must have a really high average!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466

@gnfnr211 wrote

@mccannca466 wrote

lol if you applied to this program as a backup you must have a really high average!

Not really, I just reallllyyyy wanted nursing. Good luck in Life Sci! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cmkc109 cmkc109
I got my life sci offer in march, now just need to maintain a 85 lol
but oh well, i have a 90avg in mid term anywayz
congratz for everyone that got accepted in mac, see u there :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCorrosive iCorrosive
Clearly, you'll get accepted. :)
It's just the stress that's eating at you. We're all with you! I hope you're happy when you get your acceptance email/letter, BECAUSE YOU'RE GETTING IT SOON!:cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cmkc109 wrote
I got my life sci offer in march, now just need to maintain a 85 lol
but oh well, i have a 90avg in mid term anywayz
congratz for everyone that got accepted in mac, see u there :)

wow all you have to maintain is an 85% average?? That's good news! :compress:
Well I'm still waiting on my offer, but my midterm marks are officially in the OUAC as of April 25, so now it's just last little bit of the waiting game!
Was this helpful? Yes 0