yconic - McMaster Life Science EA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Life Science EA

A photo of LJustin LJustin
Has anyone gotten an Early Acceptance offer from McMaster Life Science?

If so, would you mind sharing the average they accepted you based on?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of nikpatel nikpatel
I'm actually in first year Life Sci at Mac. Last year I got my admission to Mac Life Sci in early January which I believe is the earliest they send out applications. For early admission in january/early february, the base it off your grade 11 and grade 12 midterm marks for first semester. my grade 11 average was roughly 93 and my midterm average in grade 12 first semester was roughly 96. But If you haven't gotten acceptances yet, don't worry. Even if you have high marks it may take a while if you submitted your OUAC over christmas break/early january. If you have above an 87 average, I wouldn't worry about getting an acceptance to mac life sci. For this year, mac actually sent out their first round of acceptances for life sci about 2 weeks ago
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac

@LJustin wrote
Has anyone gotten an Early Acceptance offer from McMaster Life Science?

If so, would you mind sharing the average they accepted you based on?

My grade 11 average was terrible- I had a 75 in 3U chemistry and I think all my other 3U courses were in the 80s...
but I took 4 4U courses in grade 11 and I got a ~96 average in those subjects.

They're asking me to maintain an 85 average for my top 6 though, so I don't think you need to worry as long as you have mid-high 80s...

(Out of curiosity, to those who were accepted, what average were you asked to maintain? Does everyone get asked to maintain the same grades, or what?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arpa Arpa
I got my acceptance email yesterday with a 90% average in semester 1
I'm sure if you haven't gotten yours yet you'll get it soon. Good luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Magnitude Magnitude
I got in with around a 91-92 on Friday! I didn't get the package yet, so I have no idea what mark I have to maintain :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kar94 kar94
I have a grade 11 second sem avg of 86.75 and a grade 12 first sem final avg of 87.5 Is this good enough and safe average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LJustin LJustin

@Arpa wrote
I got my acceptance email yesterday with a 90% average in semester 1
I'm sure if you haven't gotten yours yet you'll get it soon. Good luck! :)

Have a 90 too, still haven't heard a thing...

@kar94 wrote
I have a grade 11 second sem avg of 86.75 and a grade 12 first sem final avg of 87.5 Is this good enough and safe average?

I think you should try and get it to an 88 or 89 or higher if you can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freshprince71 freshprince71
I received my offer of admission a couple days ago, and my average around 90-91%, so you'll most likely receive yours very soon, this week probably.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
I can see you put Health Science as your first choice (dont you?). SInce Mac sited that they dont automatically give alternate offer. Chances are they may offer you Health Science first? Im just guessing lool. Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PJ PJ

@idotknow wrote
I can see you put Health Science as your first choice (dont you?). SInce Mac sited that they dont automatically give alternate offer. Chances are they may offer you Health Science first? Im just guessing lool. Good luck.

The way it works is that we consider each one of your program choices at McMaster simultaneously. So you may end up receiving multiple offers of admission to McMaster and then have to decide which one to accept. BHSc offers do not come out for Ontario high school applicants until early May. This is due to the need to review the supplementary applications, and the fact that we want to see grades from both semesters of course work.

Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid
I got my offer in mid February, with a four 4U/M course average of 90.3%

@Kar94
The average you have is capable of getting you into the program, since the cut-off is 85%. I believe any mark above the cut-off is good enough, depending on the amount of spots left... you would also hear back quite late.

On a side note, Mac's Faculty of Science had an average entry grade of 89.0% last year. So, study hard and try your best to get it up that 89.0% (Mac takes the first decimal place into account as well, and does not round up).

http://www.mcmaster.ca/avpira/cudo/20102011/20102011B.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0