yconic - McMaster Life Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Life Sciences

A photo of Bobby55 Bobby55
Hi guys,

I was recently on McMaster's website, and I read that for life sciences, if you have completed 3 or more grade 12 courses, you are eligible for early acceptance for this program. I have completed 3 grade 12 courses, and have a combined average of 88% for those 3 courses (English, Advanced Functions, and Biology). Do you think that I will receive early acceptance for the McMaster Life Sciences program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc

@Bobby55 wrote
Hi guys,

I was recently on McMaster's website, and I read that for life sciences, if you have completed 3 or more grade 12 courses, you are eligible for early acceptance for this program. I have completed 3 grade 12 courses, and have a combined average of 88% for those 3 courses (English, Advanced Functions, and Biology). Do you think that I will receive early acceptance for the McMaster Life Sciences program?

Admission Requirements
Program Name: Life Sciences I

Province: Ontario

OUAC Code: MLS

Degrees: B.Sc., B.Sc.(Honours)

Co-op/Internship: Yes. Please refer to the Science Career & Co-operative Education website.

Required Courses: At least six Grade 12 U/M level courses, including:

ENG4U
One of: MHF4U, MCV4U
SBI4U
One of: MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U
Note: Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) is recommended

Anticipated Admission Range - September 2012 (Subject to Change): high 80s

Application Deadline: January 11, 2012

Admission Decision Timing:

February - March, 2012 – Applicants presenting a minimum of 3 final or 6 midterm Grade 12 U/M courses will be considered for admission on a rolling basis (applicants must have 6 Grade 12 U/M courses completed or in progress, including program specific requirements).

April, 2012 - Applicants will be reviewed again upon receipt of second semester midterm grades (offers will go out on a rolling basis as grade data is received)

Target Enrollment: 825

Advanced Placement:
Applicants who have completed AP exams in acceptable courses with a minimum grade of 4 may be recommended for up to 18 units of advanced credit. An official copy of the final AP Exam Results Report is required as part of the evaluation process.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... go for it, but generally early admission from my knowledge is people who have averages above the normal admission average by like 2-4 percent, but try anyway, if you get it now your set, you never know...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Maybe but it depends on other applicants as well. If they have higher marks it may bump you down but you may still get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It's pretty random, and in the long run it really doesn't matter if you get early acceptance. My average is about 92% and I received early acceptance to mac life sci today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0