yconic - Mcmaster Medication Radiation
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcmaster Medication Radiation

A photo of Plaaza Plaaza
Has anyone applied to Mac's MedRad program? I've yet to find many people who applied, for some reason. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I never applied to/am not in med rad but from what I've noticed at Mac, it's a relatively unknown program, so that could be why. Only reason I heard of it is because one of my frosh leaders in first year was in med rad. I've never met anyone else in med rad in my 3 years at Mac haha. Also, it's a joint program with Mohawk College and people who are applying via Mohawk may not be on here since it's primarily a university-oriented forum. From what I've heard, med rad also has more non-traditional students (ie. older students who already have another degree and are going back to school) than say life sci or engineering, so that could be another reason why.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nakhuda93 nakhuda93
Honestly, I was thinking of using it as a way to get into something like radiation sciences at Michener institute. However I went to the Mac open house and the speaker made me lose all hope in that program. It sounds great but I don't think I could handle spending 4 years getting monotonous lessons from a seemingly brain dead zombie. Seriously though, I think it's a good option if like me you find physics and bio interesting without having to go into too much detail with regards to chemistry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nithl Nithl
I applied to this! I'm surprised I haven't found many people interested in this program on here. When I went to the seminar at the University Fair almost everyone in the seminar raised their hand when asked who was interested in the program. At my school alone I know 4 people who have this program as their first choice. (My grade has ~130 kids). From what you all have said, it's kind of turning me away from this program. (nakhuda93 mainly). I'm really only interested in this because you get a job right out of it pretty much guaranteed. Would I be better off not going into this program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0