yconic - Mcmaster no waiting list... no final mark count :( what should i do?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcmaster no waiting list... no final mark count :( what should i do?!

A photo of tashi tashi
ok so my midterm mark was below the admission cutoff.I couldn't do really well due to my family problems. but i know that i can do so much better and raise my mark really high for final. so i called Mcmaster today and this guy told me that they will start sending out the offer in next week. they will not sending any offers after June and there is no waitlist only if the space is available which is almost impossible. so they pretty much accept or reject you based on your midterm mark.
I haven't got any offers yet from them and if they don't look at my final mark to whether accept me or not, then i don't see the point of working hard for my finals. Mac is my first choice. i wanted to go there for all my life and now it seems so impossible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@tashi wrote
ok so my midterm mark was below the admission cutoff.I couldn't do really well due to my family problems. but i know that i can do so much better and raise my mark really high for final. so i called Mcmaster today and this guy told me that they will start sending out the offer in next week. they will not sending any offers after June and there is no waitlist only if the space is available which is almost impossible. so they pretty much accept or reject you based on your midterm mark.
I haven't got any offers yet from them and if they don't look at my final mark to whether accept me or not, then i don't see the point of working hard for my finals. Mac is my first choice. i wanted to go there for all my life and now it seems so impossible.

I believe you can send in Supplementry profile form (My understanding is you have to ask them for the form as it is not posted on their site like Western does) if your mark is below the cut-off. Call them again and ask to speak to an admission officer directly. Mac's Life Science is pretty competitive so chances of getting a late admission is impossible, but having said don't give up yet!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tashi tashi
thanks for your reply. i have applied for life science, environmental science and social science at Mac. i will have to see what they can do. hopefully they will give me an offer on my final mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0