yconic - McMaster nursing anyone?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster nursing anyone?

A photo of SiSi2320 SiSi2320
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone received offers from McMaster for their nursing program anytime within the past couple of days? Mac was my first choice and I really wanted to get into their program. But it doesn't look my chances are too good seeing as how my average is only an 86 on the dot:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of lowexpectations lowexpectations
Heey :) I got accepted 2-3 weeks ago (right after midterms) with an 87 average so I think you have a pretty good chance!
Hopefully I'll see you there :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jrom33 Jrom33
Hey, I just got my offer today. I haven't recieved an email or anything from them yet,
I just checked my OUAC offers and it was there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
my average was 88 if that helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SiSi2320 SiSi2320
See the thing is that I already accpeted Ryerson's offer. So I'm not sure if Mac would consider that before giving me an offer:(..I can't even take it back because then it would cancel my offer from Rye and I'd end up going either to York or Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kahlk3810 kahlk3810
I recieved an offer from UOIT in January and accepted it and still got into McMaster's Nursing program in March so i dont think they look at your accepted offers :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@lowexpectations wrote
Heey :) I got accepted 2-3 weeks ago (right after midterms) with an 87 average so I think you have a pretty good chance!
Hopefully I'll see you there :D

Gahh. I hate how things change year to year lol. I didn't get in last year with an 87 and it was my top choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beachbuum beachbuum
reeally sorry to bring in the bad news if you havent heard anything yet, but i got rejected from mac this morning and in the letter it said the program is now "full". that being said i had a really low average because i forgot to send them my updated marks so maybe they just sent out obvious rejections before the last round of acceptances?im not sure, but good luck!! i know how horrible the wait it im still waiting on uwo as my first choice too:s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Awwww, sorry to hear that beachbuum. :(
I know Mac is a good school, but there's still hope with Western, right?! :cheers:
I really hope you get in (and find out soon, 'cause waiting sucks..).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beachbuum beachbuum
thanks ccormier, and ya the waiting definately sucks haha i called uwo admissions this morning to see if i could find out what day i could expect to hear something and they transferred me to the nursing admissions which was a 'voicemail haha so i guess i'll just have to wait a week longer, getting nervous haha!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@beachbuum wrote
thanks ccormier, and ya the waiting definately sucks haha i called uwo admissions this morning to see if i could find out what day i could expect to hear something and they transferred me to the nursing admissions which was a 'voicemail haha so i guess i'll just have to wait a week longer, getting nervous haha!

If it makes you feel any better I'm glad I didn't end up at mac. I really enjoy Western's program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0