yconic - McMaster Student Clubs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Student Clubs

A photo of Alikat Alikat
I am currently looking at doing the Health Sciences program at Mac, and I was wondering what sort of clubs and student groups Mac has that I can get involved in. Can anyone help me here?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
There are hundreds of clubs/student groups at Mac! As well as lots of ways to get involved with the health sci community.

Clubs/groups I'm involved with:
- Golden Key International Honour Society (general member)
- PAWS@Mac, an animal welfare club (VP fundraising)
- Doctors without Borders (general member)
- BHSc Charity Fashion Show (model and hair/makeup assistant)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences Society Elections Committee (member)

I highly recommend getting involved with the annual charity fashion show, it's every year in March and we raise money for Camp Trillium. Lots of fun even if you don't want to model, there's lots of behind the scenes roles too (choreographer, fundraising, set design, promotions etc). Another big health sci thing is the annual health sci musical. I would've joined if I could sing at all haha but the meetings for other roles (once again: fundraising, set design, promotions etc) conflicted with the other clubs I'm in. There's various other committees (social committee, academic committee, elections committee) as well as 1st/2nd/3rd/4th year committees; lots of chances to get involved.

For general clubs, there's pretty much a club for every kind of interest/sport. Dance clubs, religious clubs, nerd club (it's actually called that), etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0