yconic - McMaster transferring..?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster transferring..?

A photo of chanmi93 chanmi93
Hi

I have a question about McMaster University
Is it possible to transfer from Life Science to Health Science in your second year?
And if it is, is it difficult?
Because I need to make a decision between McMaster and McGill so if I can't transfer then I probably will go to McGill.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
It is not easy to transfer, they take about 20 or less transfer students and you also have to complete a Level II suplimentary aplication. Here is info from Mcmaster's site:

Level II Transfer Applicants

Enrolment is limited.
Please note that we do not consider applicants to this program if they have completed a University undergraduate degree or if they have completed more than one year of University undergraduate studies.
Supplementary Applications will be reviewed for those applicants who satisfy the grade and course requirements. A combination of the supplementary application ranking and final grades with high rankings on both elements will determine if an applicant will receive an admission offer.
Applicants will be selected based on their academic qualifications and a Supplementary Application.

Admission Requirements:

One full year of University Undergraduate Studies
Applicants interested in being considered for Level II must have completed six units of university Level I Biology and six units of Level I Chemistry (equivalent to Biology 1A03 & 1M03 and Chemistry 1A03 & 1AA3).
minimum cumulative average of 9.0 (B+) is required.

Additional Requirements:

Completion of a mandatory Supplementary Application due April 21, 2011. A review of the mandatory BHSc Supplementary Application is a very important component of the admission selection process. Applicants who do not complete the supplementary Application are not considered for admission.
Students who are accepted into Level II of the program may be required to complete HTH SCI 2D06 (Inquiry) offered in the B.H.Sc. (Hons.) Program before proceeding to HTH SCI 3E03 (Inquiry).

Admission Procedures for Level II Transfer Applicants:

McMaster University Transfer Applicants are required to complete a Program Change Application via MUGSI, which is available in early March to early April and a mandatory Supplementary Application by April 21, 2011.
Applicants from other post-secondary institutions are required to apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC), http://www.ouac.on.ca, and complete a MANDATORY Supplementary Application by April 21, 2011.

IT'S A HASSLE..i wouldn't recommend depending on transferring.
Was this helpful? Yes 0