yconic - McMaster University Supplementary Applicatio, do I need it for this program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster University Supplementary Applicatio, do I need it for this program?

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
Im applying for Social Sciences level I, do I need to submit a supplmentary application?

One more thing if you can answer this. If I live in Downtown Brampton, would I need to live in residence to go to McMaster? Or would a 2 hour bus ride one way be way too long?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
For your first question, the best place to find that out is obviously to check the website. They'll tell you which programs require the supplementary application.
http://future.mcmaster.ca/admission/application-process/canadian-high-school-students/

For your second thing here, let's do some math.
If you get up at 6 AM, you will take maybe 30 minutes to get ready.
30 minutes to prepare everything: that is, getting to the bus stop, waiting to the bus stop, whatever. It's 7 PM.
A two hour bus ride makes it 9 PM.
Getting to school takes however long.
Then you have school.
Then two hours back.
And THEN getting home, winding down. And homework.

Imagine that. Commuting 4 hours to school every single day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
Thanks for clearing that up. McMaster is my back up school now, my parents are kind of agasinst me going to residence. Im only going to do it, if my other social work options fail. Now that I think about it, 4 hours is a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Why are they against residence?
Honestly, I'd go for it. For posterity's sake, and for experience's sake. The people always around, being close to the uni... it's just a great experience. I highly recommend it, if only for first year at the very least.
And yes. 4 hours a day JUST driving, 5 days a week, for 8 months is a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0