yconic - McMaster vs. UTSG vs. UTM
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster vs. UTSG vs. UTM

A photo of whatwemissx whatwemissx
I got into McMaster (for Psychology, neuroscience and behaviour in the social sciences department) and University of Toronto St. George (for Anthropology) as well as the University of Mississauga (for Evolutionary Biology and Ecology).
I'm a bit divided when it comes to picking which school to go to!

If I went to UTSG I would try to transfer to life sciences in my second year and possibly do a double major in two related subjects under sciences. However UTM and McMaster both accepted me for specialized programs of interest to me. Would it be best to go to UTSG because of the vast amount of courses but have to transfer into life sciences or should I go into the specialized programs already offered at McMaster or UTM?

UTSG also offers more international exchange opportunities that I would be interested in, but would that be too much for me since I would be trying to transfer into life sciences and go on a one year exchange???

Thanks guys for any replies! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You applied to really different programs, if you applied to the same type of programs then I'd have an easier time giving you my opinion. What are you ultimately interested in?

I applied for the same program at Mac btw:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of whatwemissx whatwemissx

@Medic93 wrote
You applied to really different programs, if you applied to the same type of programs then I'd have an easier time giving you my opinion. What are you ultimately interested in?

I applied for the same program at Mac btw:cheers:

Oh awesome :D Glad we applied to the same program!

I'm interested in something in life sciences so probably biology or even psychology... I just don't know if I should go to a school where I'll have more courses to take(UTSG) to help me choose what exactly I want to take or go to a specific program in first year(UTM and Mac)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Psychology at U of T is the best, course offerings at the U of T campuses for Psych are amazing.

I already know what I want to do in terms of Psychology, see my signature. It all depends on your specific interests!
Was this helpful? Yes 0