yconic - McMasters Life Science Anyone Got Accepted Yet?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMasters Life Science Anyone Got Accepted Yet?

A photo of Nbwx Nbwx
Hi I recently got accepted to McMasters Life Science program (like today)?

Did anyone else get admitted?

Also Do I Have the Prereq.?

Last Semester
•Advanced Functions
•Chem
•Bio

This Semester
•English
•physics
•Calculus
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I got accepted today as well.
The pre requisites are English, either Advanced Functions or Calculus, Biology and one of Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, and I think Earth Sciences but I'm not sure, might be Computer Sciences. So yeah, you'll have the pre requisites. Is it your first choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid
@OP
I just got in today as well! Congratulations to you!

I couldn't help but notice that you applied to Health Science. Do you have a non-math, non-technology, non-science credit? It's one of the prerequisites needed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nbwx Nbwx

@chelsealaurensinclair wrote
The pre requisites are English, either Advanced Functions or Calculus, Biology and one of Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, and I think Earth Sciences but I'm not sure, might be Computer Sciences. So yeah, you'll have the pre requisites. Is it your first choice?

Yeh it was my first choice.

@OP

I couldn't help but notice that you applied to Health Science. Do you have a non-math, non-technology, non-science credit? It's one of the prerequisites needed.

Nah, i didnt take one non-science / non-technology course since my scheduel was busy already enough, so I guess I'm not getting into McMaster Health Sci, even though i submitted my supp essay LOL.

=== BTW what were your averages?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CyanicSparrow CyanicSparrow

@Nbwx wrote

@OP

Nah, i didnt take one non-science / non-technology course since my scheduel was busy already enough, so I guess I'm not getting into McMaster Health Sci, even though i submitted my supp essay LOL.

I just received my acceptance today. My average was 98%. I'm planning on entering physical sciences, though. Has anyone else applied to this program?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xVidisha xVidisha
Yea I just got accepted today as well! My average was like 91.
Im still hoping and waiting to get into Health Sci though!
Mac Life Sci will most likely be my #2 choice! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid
My average was also 90-91. I did not apply to Health Science because I did not think I would be able to pull up my Math, and English marks... turns out I did. I guess I should have just taken my chances right? Haha, but I've looked into the actual Life Science major at Mac and it offers really interesting courses as well. I just hope with my work ethic I can avoid the dreaded "10% drop" due to the transition from Grade 12 to University...

What is everyone's second choice? Mine is a tie between Waterloo's Biomed and UTM's Life Science (with a hope to pursue UTM's health science after first year).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nbwx wrote

@OP

My average was approximately 92%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@comebackkid wrote
My average was also 90-91. I did not apply to Health Science because I did not think I would be able to pull up my Math, and English marks... turns out I did. I guess I should have just taken my chances right? Haha, but I've looked into the actual Life Science major at Mac and it offers really interesting courses as well. I just hope with my work ethic I can avoid the dreaded "10% drop" due to the transition from Grade 12 to University...

What is everyone's second choice? Mine is a tie between Waterloo's Biomed and UTM's Life Science (with a hope to pursue UTM's health science after first year).

I didn't apply to health sciences either. Personally, I choose to not believe the hype. It's an extremely competitive program to get into so naturally they choose the best students, therefore they would already be the best candidates for medical/dental schools. I know that the work I put in will translate to marks no matter what program I go to. That's just my personal belief. Also, I took one look at the supplementary application and just said no thank you :P I'm also not too big of a fan of Hamilton as a city and experience is a pretty big factor for me (and definitely size, I want as big of a school as possible!) So that's why McMaster's life science program is actually my second choice to Western Bio Med

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nbwx Nbwx

@comebackkid wrote

I didn't apply to health sciences either. Personally, I choose to not believe the hype. It's an extremely competitive program to get into so naturally they choose the best students, therefore they would already be the best candidates for medical/dental schools. I know that the work I put in will translate to marks no matter what program I go to. That's just my personal belief. Also, I took one look at the supplementary application and just said no thank you :P I'm also not too big of a fan of Hamilton as a city and experience is a pretty big factor for me (and definitely size, I want as big of a school as possible!) So that's why McMaster's life science program is actually my second choice to Western Bio Med

Thank you for your honest opinion! Like yourself, I also noticed that the Health Science program was HIGHLY noncompetitive due to 200 available, so I knew in reality that there was gonna be no way that I'm getting in (still a very small chance lol). and my guidance councilor said as long as you take the prerequisite courses during undergrade, you can get into any Med School you want to.

~My average was a 90.5 when mcmasters accepted me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Accepted January 24:) with an average between 80 and 89.5 But now its higher. But don't know if i Want to to go Waterloo for Co-op kin, which i got accepted for two weeks ago
Was this helpful? Yes 0