yconic - Mechatronics @ Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mechatronics @ Waterloo

A photo of snowbunny snowbunny
Does anyone know the cutoff into Mechatronics for early acceptance and regular acceptance?
When do early acceptances go out?
Does anyone know how many apply for tron, how many acceptances are sent out and how many spots there are?
What courses should you be strong in gr 12?
Is it possible to get accepted to all 3 choices or do they only give out 1 acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
Hey, I'm a first year nano student at Waterloo. Admission averages depends, I heard last year lots of people with high averages were rejected, while people with mid 80s averages were accepted. This year there are about 120 students in tron. You only get one offer, but if you want to switch, you can call the school and tell them to change your offer, or you can switch into another program within the first few weeks of class. Hope that answers your question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123

@pandasbox wrote
Hey, I'm a first year nano student at Waterloo. Admission averages depends, I heard last year lots of people with high averages were rejected, while people with mid 80s averages were accepted. This year there are about 120 students in tron. You only get one offer, but if you want to switch, you can call the school and tell them to change your offer, or you can switch into another program within the first few weeks of class. Hope that answers your question.

Hi!
Im thinking of applying to waterloo.Do you know when the applications will open?
also do you require any extra qualifications like sports, voluntary work or community service?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Do you know why mid 90's were rejected and mid 80's were accepted to Tron?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass

@pandasbox wrote

I was one of those people :P

I called a million times to find out why I got rejected, they kept saying my average wasn't good enough which was bullshit.

I finally talked to the head of admissions and he said it might of been an accident. He than looked at my profile and said I didn't have any extra-curriculers which was the reason I didn't get accepted.

I was part of the foot-ball and rugby teams for all four years, captain of the rugby team.
They didn't really care about those, I think they were just looking for engineering/science related clubs.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

An accident that you didn't get in..... wow....
Who did you call a million times Phil or admissions office?
Did he say your average was good enough to get in or just barely?
Do they do early acceptance only with gr 11 marks and do they take all 8 courses for that avg or use the 5 required or 4 since there is only gr 11 math and not calculus/adv func + 1 or 2 more higher marks?
What avg do you think they will give early acceptance for gr 11 marks?
Anyone know how many applications they get for TRON?
Do uni's get first semester mid term marks for gr 12 or only final marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
is waterloo the ONLY uni in Canada which offers Mechatronics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cpeister cpeister

@cheers123 wrote
is waterloo the ONLY uni in Canada which offers Mechatronics?

No. I don't know a full list, but I do know that Mac offers Tron as well. There are likely others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox

@zaidpass wrote

I was one of those people :P

I called a million times to find out why I got rejected, they kept saying my average wasn't good enough which was bullcrap.

I finally talked to the head of admissions and he said it might of been an accident. He than looked at my profile and said I didn't have any extra-curriculers which was the reason I didn't get accepted.

I was part of the foot-ball and rugby teams for all four years, captain of the rugby team.
They didn't really care about those, I think they were just looking for engineering/science related clubs.

The thing is, it's not just Waterloo. I never got my offer to Engsci, although almost everyone in my class who applied got accepted. I had them reconsider my application twice, and they rejected me both times. I heard that they did mark replacements with AP scores, and even though I have 5's in Bio, Chem, Phys, and Calc, U of T's excuse was that my advanced functions mark was too low. (I had taken it the year before, got a 65 because of a crappy teacher, did a retake this year and got 99.) Right now I'm in the top 20 in my class of 120 and I still do tons of extra curriculars. My theory is, sometimes these admissions people make terrible judgments and to be honest, it's their loss.
Was this helpful? Yes 0