yconic - Media Studies at Guelph-Humber?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Media Studies at Guelph-Humber?

A photo of Jac1993 Jac1993
So I applied for the Media Studies program at the University of Guelph-Humber, it's a fairly new program where you can receieve both a degree from the University of Guelph, and a diploma from Humber College. Has anyone had experience with joint programs like this? Whenever I tell people about my plans to go there, they seem confused, and don't think it's an actual university. I just think it's the best of both worlds, because I am a hands on learner, but I want to go to University, and this offers me a co-op placement as well. Any thoughts/opinions on this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of seanleamen seanleamen
My brother is currently in his first year of the Media Studies program at Guelph-Humber. He seems to really like it. It's a smaller university and has much of a feel of a high school. They do a mixture of hands-on and conventional studies and it's a very well rounded educational experience. I also heard from graduates who say having a college diploma and university degree open up a lot of job opportunities. Hope this helped and that you enjoy Guelph-Humber :)

PS. I also realized how many people don't know of it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you so much! That was very helpful :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RyanChevrefils RyanChevrefils
Go with the media studies my friend is in it and she LOVES it :) and she says they teacher useable things. hope this helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Good to hear! Thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0