yconic - Minimum final average to maintain admission
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Minimum final average to maintain admission

A photo of TigerBlood TigerBlood
so, I got into western engineering way back in march and started to slack off. Only now I realized that I might not be able to maintain the 82 average that is required to maintain my admission(my final top5 in worst case scenario will be 78-80)

What do you think western will do if my final average hits 79 at end of june? Has any uni ever retracted an offer because of final average?

I know I can bring my marks up in the time that is left but I just cant stop thinking about it! I need some assurance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of steele steele
Well, I can tell you that universities will revoke acceptances based on marks below a set average... :(

The best plan right now would be to work your ass off in the next month and half before finals, that way you won't be in serious danger of a revoked acceptance.

It's typically not a huge hurdle when it comes to 2-3%, you just need to put in a bit of hard work. Though if all else fails, I'd consider talking to your teachers about bumping up marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0