yconic - Missing 1 credit, what can I do?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Missing 1 credit, what can I do?

A photo of CustardMix CustardMix
wuzzup.

I'm in grade 12, currently taking 8 U courses. I'm doing alright in all of them (maintaining at least a high 80's average in my lowest course), but the problem is, I'm missing a 0.5 credit to graduate.

I was considering taking an e-class course or night school course to make up for the credit. I'm leaning towards a grade 12 U course online, mostly because it may be of better use in the future, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the extra work.

Should I just take an easy grade 10/11 course online just so I can get the credit? Or are there any other alternatives for me besides e-class and night school?

It would be helpful if anyone who's taken an easy spring/fall semester e-class course could share their experience. Thanks so much.

--
@brady23, yes, I would only have 29.5. My parents forced me to repeat two courses that I got a low 80's in, and both they and I realized too late that the credit value would be cancelled. Thanks for your help.

Thanks to everyone else, too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23

@CustardMix wrote
wuzzup.

I'm in grade 12, currently taking 8 U courses. I'm doing alright in all of them (maintaining at least a high 80's average), but the problem is, I'm missing a 0.5 credit to graduate.

I was considering taking an e-class course or night school course to make up for the credit. I'm leaning towards a grade 12 U course online, mostly because it may be of better use in the future, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the extra work.

Should I just take an easy grade 10/11 course online just so I can get the credit? Or are there any other alternatives for me besides e-class and night school?

It would be helpful if anyone who's taken an easy spring/fall semester e-class course could share their experience. Thanks so much.

So even with 8 credits, you will only have 29.5 credits? I think you should ask guidance to let you take an e-learning course or night school course. I'm pretty sure they would let you especially if you only need 0.5 credits to graduate.

If worse comes to worse, I am sure you can take one course in summer school. Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
whatever u do, do it FAST before spaces run out

get it sorted with guidance asap !
Was this helpful? Yes 0