yconic - Mistakes
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mistakes

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
Can it make or break an application if you have a spelling mistake?
I wrote Students Council rather than Student Council (no 's') on my Queen's supplementary and I realized as I was using part of my answer for another supplementary.
My Ecs are really great and I have a 90 avg, but I'm just wondering if that one mistake will be the deciding factor in my acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of lmao lmao
LOL yeah I have something similar except I have TWO mistakes. For one sentence I forgot to include 's in the "it" and 'the' was missing in of my sentences. There goes my acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of waazup waazup
Really?

Student, Students, same diff!

Wow.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pharger Pharger

@waazup wrote
Really?

Student, Students, same diff!

Wow.

i dunoo, these top tier school's want perfection in your application.Yea i missed a "the" in one of my sentences for IVEY as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
It isn't looked highly upon. I mean, a spelling error basically indicates that you weren't interested enough in reading through your application. While I see Students instead of Student as a minor, minor issue that probably wouldn't even be noticed or cared about, the complete omission of a word is rather ridiculous.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
I dont think it would effect your application that bad.

Dont worry dude you'll get in!! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AZK AZK
What are the chances that "hard they" instead of "had their" be overlooked? XD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@AZK wrote
What are the chances that "hard they" instead of "had their" be overlooked? XD

Pretty slim.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I doubt that will be a high factor. I made a mistake on my Ivey app and emailed the Recruitment Office. I said my other languages were Korean and English when in reality, I only had to put down English.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thekidnextdoor thekidnextdoor
I doubt that'll be a problem. I found out I mistyped a word on my Ivey application even after checking it over quite a few times. When there are like 11 application pages to look through, they won't be too picky about one or two minor spelling errors. Of course, like andrewk512 said, it isn't looked highly upon, but they aren't going to heavily penalize you for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0