yconic - MIT at Western
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MIT at Western

A photo of georginad georginad
Hey, so I recently found out my average going into midterms including my first semester marks is going to be an 83%. I was just wondering if with an average like that, I even have a hope of getting into preferably MIT or just the art faculty at Western in general.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@georginad wrote
Hey, so I recently found out my average going into midterms including my first semester marks is going to be an 83%. I was just wondering if with an average like that, I even have a hope of getting into preferably MIT or just the art faculty at Western in general.

Thanks!

Sorry, but in order to be admitted to any program at UWO this year you'll need a minimum of an 84% final average. This is according to what's stated in the admittance package by the way. You can try filling out an extenuating circumstances form if you think that will help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of georginad georginad

@Razear wrote

@georginad wrote

Thanks!

Sorry, but in order to be admitted to any program at UWO this year you'll need a minimum of an 84% final average. This is according to what's stated in the admittance package by the way. You can try filling out an extenuating circumstances form if you think that will help.

Are you sure? Because I went to my guidance counsellor who said that there's no definite average where they stop accepting because it changes every year, and I read through my friend's acceptance package and it never said anything about having an 84 average. It just said that you had to maintain a 75.

I would have filled out that form if I had known about it before april 6th which is when it was due. So I guess I can't really do anything about it now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random
My acceptance package also said that for all programs, you need to maintain an 84 admission average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingSpades KingSpades
I too have an 83 average after mid terms. I know I will probably not receive an acceptance in May but is it possible that I will get late acceptance (acceptance after June 1st) ? I applied for MIT and social sciences. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0