yconic - Most Enticing Viewbooks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Most Enticing Viewbooks

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
I think Guelph has by far the most solid viewbook going on this year. The colour scheme along with the quality of the photos makes UoG seem very, very appealing. I'm not even going there, but sometimes I just flip through it to look at the photos.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
25 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
UTSG's does a very good job, probably my favorite. UBC's kind of annoyed me because 2/3 of it was useless (e.g. random quotes and pictures).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Zion wrote
UTSG's does a very good job, probably my favorite. UBC's kind of annoyed me because 2/3 of it was useless (e.g. random quotes and pictures).

I agree 100%.
The book looked so annoying and.. kind of.. cheap.. although I know they're trying to go "green" and all.
I kind of liked UTSG's.. the bbm theme was pretty cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
U of T's viewbook was very well done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JensenHuang JensenHuang

@oliviacitygirl wrote

you wanna know a uni with a good viewbook? check out stfx! absolutely amazing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
UBC's smells funny too:P I love U of Ts, and all of Queens stuff is well designed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnnyDelaney JohnnyDelaney
I agree, definitely not a fan of UBC's. SFU's also sucked. Guelphs, was alright. UofT was pretty cool, like the whole QR cover. However, I think the the trophy should go to Waterloo, very modern and appealing. Plus they bragged about all their success, and added some fun facts :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JensenHuang wrote

@oliviacitygirl wrote

you wanna know a uni with a good viewbook? check out stfx! absolutely amazing!

Mehhh, I have theirs.
Nothing that really stands out about it in my opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

I'm not being a hater.
Nothing against it.
I know tons of people going to StFX.
I just don't think their viewbook was that exciting.
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion

@moodeline wrote
UBC's smells funny too:P

As soon as I read this, I went and found mine to smell it. YOU'RE RIGHT! Quite funky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL, the smell was the first thing I noticed when I opened it.
It smells like recycled paper and rotten trees.
Yummmmm.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenny12sohn jenny12sohn
What's a viewbook?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Queen's is very slick, and UWO is pleasant also.

I'm not impressed with McGill's lack of viewbook/plain brown acceptance envelope.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jenny12sohn wrote
What's a viewbook?

LOL really?
And you're going to university next year?
Anyways..
It's basically the booklet that all universities give out with pretty pictures and information on their university.
Has all the info on faculties, programs, costs, admission requirements, residency, etcetc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
Guelph's was really nice, probably my favourite. Ryerson's was also really well done - really informative. It gave a lot of information on each of the programs. Although I'm not a fan of York, I have to say, their viewbook this year was well done.

I was kind of disappointed by Western's viewbook... it looked nice but the actual program information within was a bit lacking. Same with McMaster and Ottawa.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Alizarin wrote
I'm not impressed with McGill's lack of viewbook/plain brown acceptance envelope.

This. Quite an anti-climatic presentation, when most other schools give you a big package with more information and whatnot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Did anyone actually scan the QR on the UofT viewbook on the website? (Tried, but webcam was being weird so didn't bother).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chloeschmoe chloeschmoe
UTSG's viewbook is by far the best and most helpful, although I may be biased because I'll most likely be going there. :P It's simple, well-organized, shows a lot of diversity, and has awesome photography of the university's architecture. Plus it was really helpful with the course description and made you feel welcome and included.

I went to the University Fair last September, and the viewbook I can remember most vividly is Fanshawe's. I've lost it now but it had a shiny cover that said something like "See your future" and came with 3D glasses. I thought it was a bit too much cos most of the viewbook was a mess of red and blue (you were supposed to be wearing the glasses while reading...and presumably when looking at yourself in the reflective cover. Does that mean in the future you'll be wearing 3D glasses too?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Western's is all right, Brock's is small, York's is quite heavy, Queen's is nice, Laurier is also thick, etc...I wish I had an actual viewbook from U of T. I only have the program list thing...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Trinity College has (assuming they kept the same one they had for a couple years) a pretty nice little viewbook thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote
Western's is all right, Brock's is small, York's is quite heavy, Queen's is nice, Laurier is also thick, etc...I wish I had an actual viewbook from U of T. I only have the program list thing...

You can find it online I think, pretty sure it's the same thing.
But of course, not as nice as the real thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx
I always like McMaster's viewbooks although I haven't seen many others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
Waterloo viewbooks are excellent
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterv wrote
Waterloo viewbooks are excellent

Yeah Waterloo's is pretty nice.
I like the folder thing they give you when they mail you the acceptance letter.
Pretty neat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0