yconic - Music Programs: Waterloo, Laurier, Guelph
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Music Programs: Waterloo, Laurier, Guelph

A photo of songofhapiness songofhapiness
I have applied to music programs at all three universities and am
trying to compare their programs. I know that Laurier is known for having the best music program,
and you get a music degree, but how much better is this compared to an arts degree with a major
in music through Guelph or Waterloo? Is there really much of a difference between music at Guelph or
Waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of MissSmile MissSmile
Laurier has a really strong program, but it's insanely competitive. When I looked into Guelph's music program, I found it very weak, but if you're just interested in general knowlege of music that would be a good place to go. There's also no audition for Guelph music, which can either be an advantage or a disadvantage. Conrad Grebel at Waterloo might be a good choice as well, but when I visited I found it to be quite small and hole-like. Waterloo has a stronger music program than Guelp, but there is still only one professor for each instrument.

Depending on how competitive you want your program to be, I would probably say Waterloo is the middle ground. If you want general, go to Guelph. Competitive, go to Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Octana Octana
Top Music:

UTSG - Classical.

York - Jazz

Western/Laurier - Classical
Was this helpful? Yes 0