yconic - My Chances at Getting Accepted into UW? :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My Chances at Getting Accepted into UW? :(

A photo of Telep0pmusik Telep0pmusik
So it's almost May and I haven't gotten an acceptance yet. Midterm marks were sent out this week but I'm not sure if UW has received them yet because according to OUAC, the target date for Universities to receive midterm marks is May 8th. The program I applied to is Recreation and Leisure Studies. The only required course for the program is ENG4UI (at least 70%) & recommended courses include Exercise Science and Biology, both of which I have. The admission average is high 70's to low 80's. These are my marks:

English: 78% (midterm) (repeat)
Exercise Science: 94% (midterm) (repeat)
Data Management: 85% (midterm)
Interdisciplinary Studies: 88% (final)
Human Growth & Development: 82% (final)
Biology: 73% (final)

Average: 83.33 %

In addition, I've also submitted my AIF form to UW summarizing my extra curricular activities and employment history. I did extremely poor in Functions & Chemistry, though even after repeating the two courses (50%-60%). I am also currently repeating Biology in night school (deeply regret it now) and don't think I will get higher than the 73% I earned last year. The whole class is unsatisfied with the teacher and he's teaching Gr. 11 & 12 Biology at the same time in two separate classrooms.

What do you guys think about my chances at getting accepted? Do you think they will look into repeated courses and compare or just choose the highest mark of the two? And it looks like they only accept 85 students for enrolment according to eINFO which makes me even more nervous that I won't get accepted since I am a fifth year student. Thanks a lot for any tips or opinions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
I dont know about your chances but OUACs date for May 8th is actually the deadline. Waterloo already have our marks. Go to WAterloo's Quest page and login and you can see that they have your marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Telep0pmusik Telep0pmusik

@Bscit wrote
I dont know about your chances but OUACs date for May 8th is actually the deadline. Waterloo already have our marks. Go to WAterloo's Quest page and login and you can see that they have your marks.

Alright, thanks. I just checked UW's Quest page and it does look like they've received the marks already. Best of luck with your UW application, as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0