yconic - My Chances for Laurier Honours Economics BA?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My Chances for Laurier Honours Economics BA?

A photo of mwfm2011 mwfm2011
My top six average up to 79.33%. the cut-off is around 82%. I also completed the ABS form
do i have a chance of getting in? what do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
How well would you say your ABS was written?

How are your ECs?

How many leadership positions did you have?

How were your references?

If you didn't answer amazing to any of these questions (except "how many..."), then you won't get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LSMC LSMC
Depends on how well your ABS form, but honestly that 82% cutoff has been rumored to increase so your chances are probably slim. You might get an alternative offer for Communications with an Administration option, and you could always try to transfer to Econ or BBA after first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@LSMC wrote
Depends on how well your ABS form, but honestly that 82% cutoff has been rumored to increase so your chances are probably slim. You might get an alternative offer for Communications with an Administration option, and you could always try to transfer to Econ or BBA after first year.

Isn't applied economics the alternate offer for HBAE?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LSMC LSMC
Perhaps, but apparently that cutoff was 82% as well... The Applied Econ degree doesn't have a coop option though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0