yconic - My chances in Schulich iBBA??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My chances in Schulich iBBA??

A photo of alchemyair alchemyair
Okay, so i have really big hopes of going to Schulich, but I do not know if my marks are sufficient enough.

Semester 1:
Chemistry: 91
Human Growth: 90
Advanced Functions: 77 (had a really bad teacher!..i am usually very good in math!)
English: 83

Semester 2
International Business: 94
Accounting: 92
Calculus: 96
Philosophy: 87

My midterm average is 92, however my top 6 average is 90.

Would schulich still consider me despite such a low mark from advanced functions?

My ECs are decent, however i did not spend much time writing the essay questions well.

Do I have a chance of going into Schulich iBBA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
Advanced functions will be included in the top 6, as it is one of the required prerequisites. I doubt you'll get in with a flat out 90% to the iBBA program. But what do I know, you might get lucky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@Bossofbosses wrote
Advanced functions will be included in the top 6, as it is one of the required prerequisites. I doubt you'll get in with a flat out 90% to the iBBA program. But what do I know, you might get lucky.

Yup. iBBA has less spots so at this point, I think your chances of attaining an offer are fairly low. But as he said, you can just get lucky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
You might get in. Chances are low, but still possible.
hopefully you have alot of ec's that might help you out as well.

P.s How the screw did you get 77% in Advance Functions yet 90's in calc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the honesty! I really appreciate it! And as for my advanced functions mark, my teacher was really really bad, as in he did not teach at all, and I am the kind of person who learns though lessons and teachers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
not looking good bud.... how was the essay and the ECs? (only way you will get in)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
^^ agree with everything above

Also, don't use your bad teacher as an excuse! Everyone has bad teachers now and then, its unavoidable, but don't trick yourself into not trying as hard because you think the odds are stacked against you from the start, and don't use that as your explanation at semester's end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass

@Chara wrote
^^ agree with everything above

Also, don't use your bad teacher as an excuse! Everyone has bad teachers now and then, its unavoidable, but don't trick yourself into not trying as hard because you think the odds are stacked against you from the start, and don't use that as your explanation at semester's end.

I was looking at your signature or w.e

Stupid Rotman commerce really needs to send out their acceptances :|
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote
not looking good bud.... how was the essay and the ECs? (only way you will get in)

Well, my ECs are decent; I've done a legitimate amount of community work and I am an exec in three clubs at my school. However,I feel like I haven't gave much effort to the essays. However, my reference were very good; they were from the principle and one from the student council adviser, so I was hoping that would play to my advantage.

PS---> Would I have a chance to get into Rotman's Commerce?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara

@alchemyair wrote

@apark17 wrote

Well, my ECs are decent; I've done a legitimate amount of community work and I am an exec in three clubs at my school. However,I feel like I haven't gave much effort to the essays. However, my reference were very good; they were from the principle and one from the student council adviser, so I was hoping that would play to my advantage.

PS---> Would I have a chance to get into Rotman's Commerce?

Based on previous years I'd say you had a very good chance, but based on how its been this year I'd say unless you're from Singapore things aren't looking too good. Rotman is weird this year, nobody knows whats going on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Novitano Novitano
I'm in a similar situation, sitting at a flat 90. ECs are pretty good though, so I'm hoping! ^^;

anyone know if Schulich ever deferred anyone from iBBA to BBA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Novitano wrote
I'm in a similar situation, sitting at a flat 90. ECs are pretty good though, so I'm hoping! ^^;

anyone know if Schulich ever deferred anyone from iBBA to BBA?

Yeah! I was just about to ask that.Why is Rotman's not sending out their acceptances yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0