yconic - My First Adv.Fun Test :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My First Adv.Fun Test :(

A photo of Nitrous Nitrous
I pretty much failed my adv functions test. I never fail anything. Please help. Can I still pull off an 80!!!!

:(

Were on Rates of Change now and seems really easy! Help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
The good news is: considering a unit test is about 10% of your mark, assuming you got 50 on the first test you only need about an 83-84 for the rest of the course to get an 80 average.

The bad news is: The difficulty level is pretty much the same for the rest of the course IMO. Most people find the latter material harder because generally people are not very good with Trig and Logs.

Despite all this, anything's possible - keep your head up. Seriously, if you tried your best, then you should be proud at the end regardless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Learn the first test, you're going to be reusing that knowledge over and over and over again in Adv function, and then once more in calc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
I feel your pain, I got a 72 on my first test, but rates of change does seem easy so far.
I guss we both have to try really hard this semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Get a tutor.

They are expensive, but in my experience have been extremely helpful (had one for calc).

Just go 1 or 2 times a week for an hour for the 1on1 tutors, and you will for sure do better on the next test.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes
I was shocked and happy at the first test. A bunch of people in my class basically failed but I managed to pull off an 80, so I'm pretty stoked. Rates of change are stupidly easy though, I haven't seen anything that isn't essentially review so I'm hoping to bump it up a little bit before parent/teacher interviews.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Stop sulking. Swallow your sadness and thoughts of inferiority and claw your way back to the top of the class. Think of your peers who did worse on that first test than you and use it as motivation to do better on every subsequent test.

Also, suck up to your teacher. Your teacher is human and through prolonged periods of butt-kissing and politeness, you will break into their realm of sympathy. Closer towards the end of the semester, ask them to either neglect your first test or a couple % boost. The high school public system is so watered down now, your teacher will likely consider inflating your mark just because they can!
Was this helpful? Yes 0