yconic - my little predicament
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

my little predicament

A photo of jvalador jvalador
I'm finding it incredibly hard to decide between mac eng 1 and guelph env eng both co-op. I know that mac has prestige over guelph, and guelph has an excellent student satisfaction rate. I can't decide for some reason between having an amazing uni experience(guelph) or graduating from a more prestigious school. My marks are in good standings, but the reason that i'm debating these is because i am wondering how far off I could expect my starting salary after graduation to be. I am thinking of guelph because for me money isnt everything and it's closer, but also i don't want to throw any oppurtunities out the window and find that out down the road and regret it. probably a confusing string of thought but does anyone have any input? thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

also, i'm not planning to rely on others to make this decision but i just need some light shed here so i feel im not just winging it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
You're acting like Mac is a Waterloo.

It really isnt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Mac is pretty prestigious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
I meant in terms of social setting haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@chatmike wrote
I meant in terms of social setting haha.

i have a few friends at mac so i know that it's not like waterloo at all in terms of social life. i'm wondering though about all the other stuff
Was this helpful? Yes 0

mac is chillin also but guelph just takes the cake. just none of my friends are into engineering so thats why i'm not asking them
Was this helpful? Yes 0