yconic - My Predicament
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My Predicament

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey guys, just looking for some advice here.

OK so I've been accepted to Laurier, McMaster, and BMOS and Western. My question is, if worst-case scenario should happen (likely is) which is Ivey and Queen's both reject me...what should I do?

I know school-wise Laurier is tops. Buuuuut, I have a 93% average...I underestimated my work ethic and raised my average up big time this year and didn't apply to Schulich or McGill.

Now, however, I realize I can get into either with a 93 average (as they look solely on marks).

So....should I take a year off and work/travel/do nothing and re-apply next year to all schools I did this year PLUS McGill and Schulich? I mean I should get in right?

Or should I just admit defeat and go to Laurier? Which is still a great school but not on the same tier as the others.

PS. It's my EC's which are holding me back from Queen's/Ivey. Unfortunately no one told me these schools look at EC's....**looks at guidance counsellors with a hateful glance**

Any input would be much appreciated :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
first: check you email. Ivey JUST sent out their final round of acceptances.

if you don't have an email from ivey, check you spam folder. if your still not having any luck, go to laurier. i just turned down both ivey and queens for laurier. i still have the option of transferring to ivey for 3rd year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@prefontaine wrote

if you don't have an email from ivey, check you spam folder. if your still not having any luck, go to laurier. i just turned down both ivey and queens for laurier. i still have the option of transferring to ivey for 3rd year.

Is it on your Ivey Inside Track Account?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123

@prefontaine wrote

You do have to re-apply for the transfer though, right? Just curious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sayooos Sayooos
Ivey is sending out offers next week too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@colakid123 wrote

@prefontaine wrote

You do have to re-apply for the transfer though, right? Just curious.

That is correct. It will be much more harder to get in than AEO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
Yup I got an email... as well as a few of my friends. Yeah transferring is a bit harder. But I'm sure an 82% average with good ecs would suffice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think you should consider Laurier there are quite a few people with 90+ who have rejected the likes of Mcgill and Schulich for it. Plus if you get Co-op it could work out for the better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone know when Laurier has it's main party nights?
Was this helpful? Yes 0