yconic - My Super Plan :)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My Super Plan :)

A photo of cpmixtape3 cpmixtape3
hey guys im going to bba/math double degree laurier and waterloo, im going to be living at laurier because the atmosphere there is awesome!

Here's my plan for my total expenses for my first year:
Entertainment/Misc : $1000
Tuition: $5000
Residence and Food: $7000
Books: $500

so, in total that's $13500 for my first year.

my parents have a income total of $30,000, its low, and im hoping to get lots of money from that.

Here is my plan to pay them off:
Entrance Scholarship: $2000
Laurier Bursary: $2000 *****HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR THIS? WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCES?
Other scholarships: $500...hoping
OSAP: $6000
this ends up being...$10500.
...as you can see, I dont have a Super Plan...how did you guys do it? Do you guys have any suggestions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of g93 g93
You got co-op, then there is savings, and part-time jobs and more scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cpmixtape3 cpmixtape3
yea but for my first year what am i gonna do! and all the scholarships ive been noticing are those ones worth like 3000 dollars that you have to write a essay for and i feel like its impossible to win.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Just go for those scholarships too; a lot of them have similar questions. You have nothing to lose, except your time, I guess. But hey! What else majorly pressing are you doing at the present time, right? In any case, are you sure the bursary is for 2000 :o? Waterloo offers a $4,500 "general" bursary. You might be able to apply for that since you are DD. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Start working.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Konn2011 Konn2011
$6k OSAP seems kinda low. Did you get this number by running their estimator https://osap.gov.on.ca/AidEstimatorWeb/enterapp/intro.xhtml?

I have tested diff. scenarios before and found that they would expect you to pay a min. of between $3 to $5k. With your program, OSAP estimated the first year total to be $17k, and they will give you about $14k (depending on your answers) equally split between loan and grant. Of course, it doesn't mean you need to take out their max funding, but it's there if you really need it.

Once you start your co-op terms, you should be fine in subsequent years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan

@Konn2011 wrote
$6k OSAP seems kinda low. Did you get this number by running their estimator https://osap.gov.on.ca/AidEstimatorWeb/enterapp/intro.xhtml?

I have tested diff. scenarios before and found that they would expect you to pay a min. of between $3 to $5k. With your program, OSAP estimated the first year total to be $17k, and they will give you about $14k (depending on your answers) equally split between loan and grant. Of course, it doesn't mean you need to take out their max funding, but it's there if you really need it.

Once you start your co-op terms, you should be fine in subsequent years.

have you decided between mac and queens yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
Your osap seems off, my parents make a bit more than yours and my osap was higher so maybe you should check over your application
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Konn2011 Konn2011

@jessicadonnan wrote
have you decided between mac and queens yet?

let's just say i've accepted the mac offer for now (99% sure), but i can still change my mind before june 2.:tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
Get a job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0