yconic - My views on parasitism
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

My views on parasitism

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
My biology teacher showed me a video on this and it's basically explaining how wasp larva invade caterpillars. It was one of the most disgusting videos I've ever watched in my life. anyway, later we moved on to tapeworms, and my opinion on this is that one can actually consume the tapeworms grown from their own bodies as a means to obtain energy while maintaining homeostasis. Theoretically this makes sense to me since tapeworms suck up virtually all of the food source in the small intestine, so they're like huge chunks of meat concentrated with protein and vitamins. Imagine fried tapeworms with barbecue sauce :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of littleroom littleroom
This is disgusting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willcreene willcreene
So we should eat our own poop?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@littleroom wrote
This is disgusting.

Yes it is. =) The worst thing is that I couldn't stop thinking about this video while eating

@willcreene wrote
So we should eat our own poop?

No. See, the difference b/t feces and tapeworms is that the latter are always more nutritious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@fruitpunch9 wrote
My biology teacher showed me a video on this and it's basically explaining how wasp larva invade caterpillars. It was one of the most disgusting videos I've ever watched in my life. anyway, later we moved on to tapeworms, and my opinion on this is that one can actually consume the tapeworms grown from their own bodies as a means to obtain energy while maintaining homeostasis. Theoretically this makes sense to me since tapeworms suck up virtually all of the food source in the small intestine, so they're like huge chunks of meat concentrated with protein and vitamins. Imagine fried tapeworms with barbecue sauce :cheers:

Adds new meaning to the term autarky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Oh, I thought this was about Randism.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
So you're saying that we should intentionally introduce tapeworms into our system, allow them to grow, then remove them and cook them for food? Cool idea bro. It's so crazy it just might work....

Rev up those friers! :chef:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilegallybrunette ilegallybrunette
If you use that rational, we might as well eat bugs too because hey are full of protein and vitamins. Although, mind you, a lot of cultures eat bugs already so I guess it's not that far-retched of an idea. If people eat bugs, why not eat tapeworms? They are full of proteins and vitamins unlike the fast food burgers we eat now, well most of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Except the tapeworms used all your energy to grow, so consuming them would just be taking it back, not gaining energy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Other people(friends, family members) will offer their tapeworms to those who need them. This is even better than being a locavore---no extra packaging needed, no transportation/green house gas as a by-product.
Was this helpful? Yes 0