yconic - need advice - waterloo arts or ryerson business?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

need advice - waterloo arts or ryerson business?

A photo of confusedwaterloostudent confusedwaterloostudent
So I am currently enrolled in first year honours arts at University of Waterloo. I was originally enrolled in the Math and Business Administration program here but I was way in over my head so I switched into arts for 2nd semester. Now I have a dilema because I originally wanted to go to University for Business but chose waterloo because I like math (or so I thought...) and because of the co-op. Now I am in arts and could major in economics which I find interesting in and I would be okay with, but I also applied to transfer to Ryerson Business (I am from Toronto). I have heard a lot of bad things about Ryerson and its business program. So I am wandering, what would be better, an arts degree from University of Waterloo or a commerce degree from Ryerson? I am very conflicted about this, any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
My suggestions:
1) Stick with Arts & business. Its a better program then people give it credit for, especially if you don't want to do accounting/finance/consulting. Currently working with 2 people in arts &business, and they are great people, with great co-ops.
2) Think of transfering to WLU. Just down the street, and you can go into a full fledged business program, with co-op!
3) if you must, switch to Ryerson. But I think you're better staying in the Loo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0