yconic - Need book for my english ISU
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need book for my english ISU

A photo of iRamie iRamie
English ISU is due in a week and i will be comparing a book and a movie.
I need a book that is similar to the movie iRobot (Where robots pose a risk to humanity)!! HELP ME PlEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THE BOOK CAN'T BE ROBOPOCALYPSE
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
If you're willing to be open-minded about the topic, I have a great book that could work as an exciting read that'll be easy to compare to iRobot. The book is The Beach by Alex Garland. I am looking at iRobot not as robots trying to take over the world, but more of as humanity's attempt to establish Utopia through technology.

The Beach is similar in that the characters are trying to have their own version of Utopia. Instead of developing technology to achieve this, they just try to live simplistically. You could contrast the different ways they go about trying to establish utopia in iRobot and The Beach to establish a thesis around whether or not Utopia is an idea that should be chased after and whether or not it's even attainable.

Even if you don't go with The Beach, I have a feeling that choosing a book that IS NOT very similar to iRobot will be better for your mark. It'll show more insight and ability to read between the lines to identify themes within texts and such.

I'm only saying this because the Beach is an exciting book that you'll definitely be able to get through before your ISU is due since you won't want to put it down. I used it for my grade 11 ISU.

WARNING: If you have a conservative teacher/school, The Beach may not be your best bet. It's heavy on foul language and drug use.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@Ba Ba Blue wrote
If you're willing to be open-minded about the topic, I have a great book that could work as an exciting read that'll be easy to compare to iRobot. The book is The Beach by Alex Garland. I am looking at iRobot not as robots trying to take over the world, but more of as humanity's attempt to establish Utopia through technology.

The Beach is similar in that the characters are trying to have their own version of Utopia. Instead of developing technology to achieve this, they just try to live simplistically. You could contrast the different ways they go about trying to establish utopia in iRobot and The Beach to establish a thesis around whether or not Utopia is an idea that should be chased after and whether or not it's even attainable.

Even if you don't go with The Beach, I have a feeling that choosing a book that IS NOT very similar to iRobot will be better for your mark. It'll show more insight and ability to read between the lines to identify themes within texts and such.

I'm only saying this because the Beach is an exciting book that you'll definitely be able to get through before your ISU is due since you won't want to put it down. I used it for my grade 11 ISU.

WARNING: If you have a conservative teacher/school, The Beach may not be your best bet. It's heavy on foul language and drug use.

aha thanks man,
my english teacher is from queens actually (did his masters there too)

the beach isnt in my list, and i need something dystopian, can you recommend something else?
Was this helpful? Yes 0