yconic - NEED HELP ASAP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

NEED HELP ASAP!

A photo of fabak fabak
hey everyone..
okay so i really need help! im sitting for the euclid math contest in april 2012. i applied to uwaterloo CS as an international students. i currently study EDEXCEL GCE A-LeVEL MATH [if you dont know what that is.. it is the british cirriculum] so i did the 2011 euclid paper and i found it wayyyy toooo difficult. i am sooo demotivated. i need tips on how to prepare for the exam.. help pleaseeeeeeeeeee i dont have much time left! thankssssss
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of plato plato
The Math Department at UW sells some helpful books online through the CEMC Book Store. You should buy "Problems and how to solve them 1 & 2". Along with "tougher problems and their solutions".

You would also be helped by any good heuristic problem solving book. Like How to Solve it, by Polya

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
A bad euclid score will NOT affect ur admission, a good score couuld always help doe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
2011 Euclid paper was EASY, especially for a GCE student.

That being said, I think your main problem could be your English mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
The Euclid contest is intended to be very hard. Getting a 70+ on the contest puts you in the top 5% of people that write it. Usually the averages are in the 30s or 40s. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Remember, just writing the contest gives your admissions score a boost. Good marks on it will only affect your scholarship opportunities within UWaterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0