yconic - Need Help Guys!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need Help Guys!

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
I am torn between UBC and Western Ontario.

I have been leaning towards UBC because my parents prefer it over Western and I think it will be more beneficial to live closer to home.

I am living on campus for both btw.

The problem is, I am still waiting on UBC Sciences, I got in Arts though for UBC.

I don't mind Arts but I would rather study Sciences.

The career I am planning to get weighs each degree equally, regardless from which faculty it is from.

So getting a degree from UBC would be more recognized? Thats IMO btw.

Leading to my question, where should I go?

UBC Arts (Still waiting on Sciences) or UWO Health Sciences.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks Again!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
If you get rejected from UBC Science, go to Western. If you get accepted, go to UBC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
How recognized a degree is is not important at all for arts and science students. The prestige factor should matter to you only as much as it matters to your ego.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cxH cxH
Got accepted into UBC Sciences just today~ So I'm guessing you'll make your choice soonC: Hopefully you get in!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cxH wrote
Got accepted into UBC Sciences just today~ So I'm guessing you'll make your choice soonC: Hopefully you get in!

Gratz! What was your avg?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Zion wrote
If you get rejected from UBC Science, go to Western. If you get accepted, go to UBC.

I agree with this.
If your passion truly lays in Science, then go with that.
Don't stay here at UBC because of it's "prestige" over UWO.. a school is only as great as you make it.
If you have no intentions of leaving the country for grad school or anything, then all degrees are equivalent regardless of the school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just got in SFU Health Sciences today, I guess that will play into part of my desicion factor as well.

Although I am not really fond of the school.

I dont really have a "passion" for sciences I just think that there is a brighter future in it if my career choice does not work out.

I dont mind arts, I will probably do better in it anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Westernnnnnn
Was this helpful? Yes 0