yconic - Need help on finind scholarships?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need help on finind scholarships?

A photo of stephaniie stephaniie
I am looking for scholarships that i can apply for! I heard that applying locally is gives you a better shot and receiving a scholarship rather than applying nationally. Does anyone know of any local scholarships located in and around Hamilton, ON ? I appreciate any feedback!:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of bkuntz bkuntz
Do you know what school you're going to? Look around on the schools site. Usually they post a list of scholarships that you can apply for. I did this and I found about five scholarships that I could and am going to apply for! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of funnyd funnyd
i would try to use a personalized scholarship search engine, you kno, the ones that ask you for postal codes and stuff
that way you can probably find some local ones
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jacobtreeslayer Jacobtreeslayer
If you're still in high school, you can the first few pages of your student agenda which has a list of bursaries you can earn locally by academic achievement.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cq6 cq6
Ask your guidance counsellors, they will most likely know about the local ones.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MisterYan MisterYan
Check your school's website!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KPerreault KPerreault
Im from Ontario and applying to a school in Nova Scotia.
Dont be afraid to apply to somewhere far away just because of scholarship opportunities. There are just as many scholarships for schools all over Canada or North America as there are if you choose to go to a local school. just a thought
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chelseafrank chelseafrank
I feel like I can;t find any scholarships that apply to me.. help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrsCasanova MrsCasanova

@funnyd wrote
i would try to use a personalized scholarship search engine, you kno, the ones that ask you for postal codes and stuff
that way you can probably find some local ones

do you know of any? i would like to try this but i have never heard of it before...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of vinahuynh vinahuynh
Does anyone know any scholarships that dont require an essay and just an application form?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@vinahuynh wrote
Does anyone know any scholarships that dont require an essay and just an application form?

There are quite a few.
There's some based solely on academics, but those are usually given out on automatic consideration by individual universities, so look on your future university's site.
There's also some based solely on your EC involvement, but many of the national scholarships are based on a combination of all 3.
So if you want scholarships based mainly on community involvement, look within your community.
Check out local organizations' websites, a lot of times they will have some.
Or drop by your local community centre, they may have info on some as well.
It's better to apply for local scholarships rather than big national ones because often times, students will only apply for national scholarships, so no one applies for the local ones.. It's a win win situation for you. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shannonburley shannonburley
See I live in a small town and we don't have very much here...funding my education is going to basically be OSAP unless I can get scholarships, I know that when I apply for OSAP I am also eligible for a number of scholarships but I don't want to have to rely on OSAP to fund my education for 5 years and I need HELP...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bibin25 bibin25
hey i was wondering, i can simply apply to all the scholarships, if i am not completely eligible but meets partial needs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of NinaHagerty NinaHagerty
A lot of teachers reccommend applying for most of the essay scholarships as not a lot of other people feel inclined to write long essays, your chances increase. Once you find ones that you can put towards tuition to the college/university you want that should help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0