yconic - NEED HELP!! process after recieving offer!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

NEED HELP!! process after recieving offer!

A photo of thelegend thelegend
i am ready to accept my offer to Laurier for honours economics and accounting.

i am not sure what the process is and what to do...

i havent accepted the offer yet on ouac...
i am also planning on living on residence as i live in toronto...

if someone can guide me through the process of what exactly i have to do ...

i have no clue how many terms or semesters ther are... and how the course selection is...

(i am also planning to transfer to hon bba second year...)

your move g93
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Pull out your Laurier offer booklet and read it. Then wait. And do anything it tells you.

There are three terms- Fall (S O N D) Winter (J F M A) and Spring/Summer (M J J A). You will be Study/Study/Off

Check the Laurier Courses/Schedule Comparison thread, I have posted links to the booklet you will receive to register for courses. You will get it after you accept your offer, but you can view it online now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

3 terms but spring/summer is optional right?

laurier offer booklet ? whats that? i just received my offer on may 18th haven't recieved anything in the mail yet....
is there any deadline for course selection?

after i accept the offer something comes in the mail? (do i have to wait for that)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelegend wrote
3 terms but spring/summer is optional right?

laurier offer booklet ? whats that? i just received my offer on may 18th haven't recieved anything in the mail yet....
is there any deadline for course selection?

after i accept the offer something comes in the mail? (do i have to wait for that)

You will get summer off (unless you really want to go to school or failed courses)

Oh, you should get it Monday or Tuesday. It says "Congrats you got in" and tells you "next steps- accepting your offer"

After you accept, a booklet outlining course selection comes. Or you can look at it online. Go to the thread I suggested it will be there. Also look at the undergraduate calendar - google "laurier undergrad calendar".

Course selection must be done before fall. but classes start to fill up in june.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

what do i have to have done by june 2nd?

and should i just accept the offer now? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

also g93.. i saw that others posted how their schedule will look... how do they know this already lol?

and have you taken gr 12 calc and vectors? should i be taking MA129... do we have to do CPE?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thelegend wrote
also g93.. i saw that others posted how their schedule will look... how do they know this already lol?

and have you taken gr 12 calc and vectors? should i be taking MA129... do we have to do CPE?

I was wondering if doing the CPE is necessary for registering for the Math courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelegend wrote

By getting the online registration guide as g93 said, it says the times and dates for classes. So you can plan out your semester much easier.

I had my whole year planned out a couple weeks ago. Once I accepted my offer it was easy to choose what classes/time table :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
[QUOTE=thelegend]what do i have to have done by june 2nd?

and should i just accept the offer now? lol[/quote]ust accept your offer by then, and often the first payment (deposit) is due by then, and osmetimes a deposit for rez (I don't know, not staying on rez).

If you are sure you want to go there, the sooner the better (classes and labs are filling up).

@Username81 wrote

@thelegend wrote

By getting the online registration guide as g93 said, it says the times and dates for classes. So you can plan out your semester much easier.

I had my whole year planned out a couple weeks ago. Once I accepted my offer it was easy to choose what classes/time table :cat:

ere we go. Pay attention.

1. Undergraduate Calendar

2. Application Guide- What you would get if you accepted your offer (link probably won't work, will take you to wlu.ca instead, if it doesn't, PM me and I can e-mail it to you, it is REALLY useful, gives all of the times for courses so you can build your schedule)

3. LORIS Dynamic Schedule- You can check how many people are signed up for each class/lab, what building they are in, etc.

OK, 1 is pretty useless to you, but 2 is good if you can get the link to work. If you can't, PM me and I can email you the PDF file. It is VERY useful, it has all of the 1st year courses and times, section #s, etc. (It is the booklet that you would get sent to you when you accept your offer). You can build your schedule with it. 3 you can use to check how many people are in each course section (don't worry, tons of space now) and what building they are in, etc.[/quote]93]What you must take:

First Term: BU111 (Intro to Business Organizations), EC120 (Microeconomics), and a math/calculus course, which is either MA129 (Super-Easy), MA103 (Harder, must get above 70 on CPE), and MA110 (harder, 1.0 credit- full year), and 1.0 non-business electives (generally two classes).

Second Term: BU121 (Functional Areas of Organizations), EC140 (Macroeconomics), and 1.5 non-business electives (generally 3 classes).

There are NO business electives.

SL100 (Social Welfare)- online, 1.0 credit within one term (score!), insanely easy, 3 essays and an exam, people with 70s in HS Eng get A's)
GG102 (Human Geography)- easy, moderately interesting
CP102 (computers)- really easy, somewhat useful
AS101- easy, moderately interesting
PS101/PS102/PS100 (Psych)- fairly easy, sometimes interesting, more memorization

(might add more later)[/quote]Remember that you will have labs or tutorials (eg math/calc will, geography, a few others). They are about an hour or hour and a half long, and the size of a high school class, and more interactive, often taught by TAs. BU111 and BU121 labs will be scheduled in the first week of class.

I have taken calculus and vectors. Have you?

Yes, you have to write the CPE, and must do this before you register for the math/calculus course. You need to get a 70 to take MA103.

MA129- really easy, almost everyone takes it
MA103- hard
MA110- fairly hard, 1.0 credit (full year)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! so THANK YOU AGAIN !!

i have taken gr 12 calculus and vectors in high school... should i still take MA 129?
i am planning to attempt to transfer to BBA second year ... so i will need the highest GPA possible...
is their any drawback from taking MA129 instead of MA103, or MA110?

which one are you taking?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelegend wrote
I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! so THANK YOU AGAIN !!

i have taken gr 12 calculus and vectors in high school... should i still take MA 129?
i am planning to attempt to transfer to BBA second year ... so i will need the highest GPA possible...
is their any drawback from taking MA129 instead of MA103, or MA110?

which one are you taking?

I've taken calculus and vectors as well and I'm taking MA129. From what I understand MA129 is the easiest. MA110 is the most difficult which leaves MA103 in the middle.

If you want a high GPA MA129 is probably the way to go. I'd clarify this with g93 or someone though just to make sure ;p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^lol TRUE ... we'l have to wait for him to get this message ...
and G93 the links do work...
i dont get it though ... wen i go to the 3rd link... i looked for MA129.. and there is like MA129 A, MA129B,
then MA129 TI..wats the difference...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelegend wrote
^lol TRUE ... we'l have to wait for him to get this message ...
and G93 the links do work...
i dont get it though ... wen i go to the 3rd link... i looked for MA129.. and there is like MA129 A, MA129B,
then MA129 TI..wats the difference...

MA129 is the easiest. It's part AF, part Gr 12 Calc

MA103 is hard (you need at least a 70 on CPE)

MA110 is fairly hard, but is 1.0 credit (the full year, two terms)

So if you want a high GPA, go for MA129

Those will be the different sections. There will be A, B, C, etc. (you will see that on the 2nd link). There will also be a lab/tutorial for MA129. It will say something next to it like "Tutorial" and the class size will be ~25 or so.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

like i saw that for MA129 A and MA129 B had capacity of 200+ while MA129 TI
and the other ones that had MA129 (T something) had a lower capacity so i was confused
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelegend wrote
and the other ones that had MA129 (T something) had a lower capacity so i was confused

Yeah, that will be the tutorial ("problem solving" sessions)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

so do i have to pick one of them? which one... A or B or the ones that start with T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thelegend wrote

I see you have many questions (I did too when I first saw it), so hopefully these will answer some even though I know you know some of them.

1) If the class has (1) on the left, that means it's semester 1. (2) is semester 2.
2) M is monday, T is Tuesday, W is wednesday, R is THURSDAY, and F is Friday
3) For some classes (such as MA129) a lab or tutorial is required...So you gotta take one!
4) Labs/tutorials have much less people than a lecture (generally labs/tutorials are about the same size as a high school class)

Most of these are straight-forward, but it took me a good couple hours to FULLY understand everything on there.

@thelegend wrote
so do i have to pick one of them? which one... A or B or the ones that start with T

Yes you must pick either A or B plus a Tutorial/Lab (T). This also applies to MA129.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Username81 wrote

@thelegend wrote

I see you have many questions (I did too when I first saw it), so hopefully these will answer some even though I know you know some of them.

1) If the class has (1) on the left, that means it's semester 1. (2) is semester 2.
2) M is monday, T is Tuesday, W is wednesday, R is THURSDAY, and F is Friday
3) For some classes (such as MA129) a lab or tutorial is required...So you gotta take one!
4) Labs/tutorials have much less people than a lecture (generally labs/tutorials are about the same size as a high school class)

Most of these are straight-forward, but it took me a good couple hours to FULLY understand everything on there.

@thelegend wrote

Yes you must pick either A or B plus a Tutorial/Lab (T). This also applies to MA129.

Legend, use the 2nd link, it's more useful as well.

Get your schedule built with the first one, and then you can check your courses with the third one to see if they have space (they should, although labs may be getting moderately full now) and what building they are in (you want to avoid having two classes 10 minutes apart that are on opposite sides of the campus most likely, especially if the seocnd is BU111 or BU121 or EC120/140 since its hard to get a seat (big classes))
Was this helpful? Yes 0