yconic - Need help with sending U of T an e-mail ... good/bad idea?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need help with sending U of T an e-mail ... good/bad idea?

A photo of itruffles itruffles
I want to send U of T an e-mail in hopes of increasing my chances of getting accepted into the St. George campus. I got into the Scarborough campus but that's a 1.5 hour commute, compared to a 5-10 minute walk if I were to go to UTSG instead.

They told me in my letter that they would reconsider me for acceptance in late May. My average went up from 74 to 80.3-81 since (91 in English). Do you think e-mailing them would help put me above other hopefuls? & has anyone ever tried e-mailing them before? Do they reply?

Also, how should I approach this if I were to send one? I don't wanna seem like I'm begging ... lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm pretty sure you'll get in by May with an 83 average. Anything above 80 will be good.
I don't think it's really necessary to e-mail them, especially at this time of year.
They've got so many applications to review and acceptances to send out, you'd probably have to wait till May to hear a response back to your e-mail.
And it's not like they rejected you, they will review your application again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I'm pretty sure you'll get in by May with an 83 average. Anything above 80 will be good.
I don't think it's really necessary to e-mail them, especially at this time of year.
They've got so many applications to review and acceptances to send out, you'd probably have to wait till May to hear a response back to your e-mail.

Thank-you for replying. My average is not 83, it's 80.3-81, which cuts it really close :( do you think I still have a chance? But yes I agree that they're really busy right now. If I don't get accepted can I try to plea my case to them after June if my average goes way up? Haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Cynthia is right about the email.

I think you're going to be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle

@itruffles wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

Thank-you for replying. My average is not 83, it's 80.3-81, which cuts it really close :( do you think I still have a chance? But yes I agree that they're really busy right now. If I don't get accepted can I try to plea my case to them after June if my average goes way up? Haha

I think you'll be ok. Just be patient though, because U of T's last round of offers does not come out until like 2 days before the deadline for offers, so dont panic until after June 2nd!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank-you both for replying :) really set me more at ease
Was this helpful? Yes 0