yconic - Need Help with Tough Decision
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need Help with Tough Decision

A photo of stack444 stack444
I have been accepted to Queens (science), Western (BioMed), and McMaster (Life Sci). I am having a lot of trouble deciding between these three programs. Distance is not a factor for me. I am most concerned with keeping a high GPA (my current average is 90) and having a nice experience during the 4 years that i am there.
So what are the differences between these three universities? I have visited them and they are all satisfactory. This is what I have gathered about each university so far, tell me what you think..

Western: good school but maybe too much partying, and not a good reputation among employers and post-graduate admissions
Queens: great school but not well-known for science
McMaster: not as amazing campus as Western/Queens but great reputation. more difficult than queens and western

^would you say that is accurate? any help/advice/ or even biased opinion is appreciated :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@stack444 wrote
I have been accepted to Queens (science), Western (BioMed), and McMaster (Life Sci). I am having a lot of trouble deciding between these three programs. Distance is not a factor for me. I am most concerned with keeping a high GPA (my current average is 90) and having a nice experience during the 4 years that i am there.
So what are the differences between these three universities? I have visited them and they are all satisfactory. This is what I have gathered about each university so far, tell me what you think..

Western: good school but maybe too much partying, and not a good reputation among employers and post-graduate admissions
Queens: great school but not well-known for science
McMaster: not as amazing campus as Western/Queens but great reputation. more difficult than queens and western

^would you say that is accurate? any help/advice/ or even biased opinion is appreciated :)

I think from the above mentioned schools, Western would probably be the easiest to maintain a high GPA. It's not that much of a party school if you hang out with the right people. What's a bonus for Western in terms of bio med is that they have a dentistry and medical school... and only 2 school in Ontario have a dentistry school sooo..

Obviously I am biased here. Generally, if you work hard, you can get a high GPA. I just know so many people in bio med right now at Western and the ones that are putting in an adequate amount of studying time are doing quite well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0