yconic - Need Some Advice:)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Need Some Advice:)

A photo of ChRoNiC ChRoNiC
So far I've been accepted to UTSC Coop Management, Laurier HBBA, Waterloo AFM-FM, McMaster Bcomm, and Ryerson Bcomm. Which one should I choose:O? Oh yea, I think I want to live on res over staying at home:P

Thank You
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
1) Laurier
2) Waterloo
3) UTSC
4) McMaster
5) Ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ahh thanks:P Nice to see Laurier at #1 because I've really been considering it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What are you looking to do after uni?

AFM-FM is good if you want to go into finance, and it is good for accounting but you don't get access to the CA jobs and the tuition is insanely high.

I would eliminate 4 and 5 from your list, and narrow it down to Laurier, Waterloo and UTSC. UTSC may be cheap if you're in the GTA, but personanly I would choose Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm looking for that university away from home feel, so I'm trying hard to exclude UTSC (I live in GTA). Between Laurier and AFM, I think I'll enjoy it far more at Laurier, but I'm guaranteed coop at AFM. Thus, it's a tough choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ChRoNiC wrote
I'm looking for that university away from home feel, so I'm trying hard to exclude UTSC (I live in GTA). Between Laurier and AFM, I think I'll enjoy it far more at Laurier, but I'm guaranteed coop at AFM. Thus, it's a tough choice.

UW has a kinda crappy feel to it. You can make it what you want it, but Laurier has a MUCH better atmosphere, more parties and better girls ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha, Laurier does seem exciting. Might I ask why you chose Nipissing over Laurier:O?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ChRoNiC wrote
Haha, Laurier does seem exciting. Might I ask why you chose Nipissing over Laurier:O?

You have clearly not read my entire sig :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOLOLOLOL I see it now:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
If you're really looking for that university life then go Laurier, and + its program is pretty good.

EDIT: On second thought you were accepted to HBBA, did you apply to the BBA? If so, and you were rejected.. then I think Mac would be the best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@A23C wrote
If you're really looking for that university life then go Laurier, and + its program is pretty good.

EDIT: On second thought you were accepted to HBBA, did you apply to the BBA? If so, and you were rejected.. then I think Mac would be the best.

HBBA = Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, or BBA for short
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C

@thecookiemonster wrote

@A23C wrote

HBBA = Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, or BBA for short

Oh damn, I'd say Laurier as first choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yup, I guess it will be Laurier for me. I really wish I applied to Schulich though: /

Thanks for the help so far:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C

@ChRoNiC wrote
Yup, I guess it will be Laurier for me. I really wish I applied to Schulich though: /

Thanks for the help so far:P

Don't sweat it! Laurier has a great business program. It's UFE passing rates are outstanding, and the co-op is a major plus. The student life (of what I've heard) is amazing, overall the program is highly regarded. It is also accredited by CICA, so you can get your hours for CA done if you looking for that. Don't worry about it now. It's too late to go back and it's no use regretting it. Make the best of your next few years, Best of luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well said. Made me feel much better; Thanks A23C:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@ChRoNiC wrote

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't GUARANTEED co-op here at Waterloo (there's no guarantees). A lot of people do end up at pretty dead end jobs (and even end up volunteering in some situations), so don't let co-op be the deciding factor. As someone who is in Waterloo accounting, I would say choose Laurier over AFM-FM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thecookiemonster wrote

@ChRoNiC wrote

UW has a kinda crappy feel to it. You can make it what you want it, but Laurier has a MUCH better atmosphere, more parties and better girls ;)

+ 1

The girl:guy ratio is awesome apparently ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0