yconic - NEED unbiased opinions !!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

NEED unbiased opinions !!

A photo of angepange angepange
Hey there,

Im new here, and I am in a bit of a pickle...

Before starting university, i was torn between studying business or the sciences. I am now in first year sciences at U of T, and I'm relaizing its not my thing.

My problem is that I don't know whether to pursue business at Rotman, or at Ryerson. I was accepted to Ryerson last year, and most likely will be accepted again. Getting into Rotman would be much more difficult. As an arts and sciences student, I can get into Rotman if I complete RSM100 and ECO100 with 67 or above (Im already taking the math req).

The thing is, I would be applying to Rotman as a second priority student (the direct entry student would be first priority) and I would have to achieve a "competitive CGPA" to have a chance at entry.

My question is... should I go to Ryerson next year, or stay at U of T for the chance to go to Rotman...???

I would greatly appreciate some advice !!

PS. I talked to guidance councillors already, they just gave me a bunch of fluff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of jl386s jl386s
If Ryerson is what you want then go for it, but if you think that waiting another year to go to Rotman then wait so that you can do something that you want to do, but is there anything worth your time at U of T to spend another year going there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0