yconic - Nervous...can my offer for UofT SG get taken away?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nervous...can my offer for UofT SG get taken away?

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
So I've been accepted to the University Of Toronto St. George for Computer Science at Trinity College(yay!!). However, I am a little worried. I am an Ontario Applicant. So far, my Grade 12 final marks that have been submitted are:

Philosophy- 87
English-90
Advanced Functions-80
Computer Science- 86

Now, the midterms marks that are going to be sent in a month are, estimated, right now:

Vocals-96-97
Instrumental Music-95-96
French-82
Calculus-68

Calculus is worrying me. I still have a few marks to be calculated in, one good and one bad, and I have one more test coming up, so it could pull me either way. I'm just assuming right now, the mark being sent in is a 68 for mid-term (I know I can bring it up for final). Will that jeapordize my chances of keeping my offer? When calculated into my average, my average will still be an 87% for my top 6 courses, which is only one or two percent lower than my admission average before. Do they look at individual marks for prereqs (Calculus and English are my prerequisites), or only overall averages? Could my offer be taken away from me? And/or, could my offer for Trinity College be taken away, since they do take higher averages? Or do I just have to pass with the recommended OVERALL average on the admission letter (which I haven't recieved yet) in order to keep the offer? Sorry for the length, I'm really freaking out here. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
You must achieve whatever average they specified in the package they sent you. Since English and Calculus are your prerequisites, those must be counted in your top six. If they did not say that you must achieve a certain mark in Calculus, your grade in that class doesn't matter as long as you meet the overall average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@cm0011 wrote
So I've been accepted to the University Of Toronto St. George for Computer Science at Trinity College(yay!!). However, I am a little worried. I am an Ontario Applicant. So far, my Grade 12 final marks that have been submitted are:

Philosophy- 87
English-90
Advanced Functions-80
Computer Science- 86

Now, the midterms marks that are going to be sent in a month are, estimated, right now:

Vocals-96-97
Instrumental Music-95-96
French-82
Calculus-68

Calculus is worrying me. I still have a few marks to be calculated in, one good and one bad, and I have one more test coming up, so it could pull me either way. I'm just assuming right now, the mark being sent in is a 68 for mid-term (I know I can bring it up for final). Will that jeapordize my chances of keeping my offer? When calculated into my average, my average will still be an 87% for my top 6 courses, which is only one or two percent lower than my admission average before. Do they look at individual marks for prereqs (Calculus and English are my prerequisites), or only overall averages? Could my offer be taken away from me? And/or, could my offer for Trinity College be taken away, since they do take higher averages? Or do I just have to pass with the recommended OVERALL average on the admission letter (which I haven't recieved yet) in order to keep the offer? Sorry for the length, I'm really freaking out here. Thanks!

It's high time you get into you academic counselling office and pick up some college brochures...............................or Ryerson if you're lucky.

Sorry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@Quiz wrote
It's high time you get into you academic counselling office and pick up some college brochures...............................or Ryerson if you're lucky.

Sorry.

Don't listen to Quiz, he's a troll.
By calculating your top six, you would still be able to meet your offer. I think when it drops below 85% is when you have to worry. If you can bring your Calculus marks up to the 70's and still rank the high 80's and 90's in your other five courses, you will survive.
*this is if you don't have to meet a required mark for Calculus, but just need a credit as a prereq.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011

@6x7 wrote

@Quiz wrote

Sorry.

Don't listen to Quiz, he's a troll.
By calculating your top six, you would still be able to meet your offer. I think when it drops below 85% is when you have to worry. If you can bring your Calculus marks up to the 70's and still rank the high 80's and 90's in your other five courses, you will survive.
*this is if you don't have to meet a required mark for Calculus, but just need a credit as a prereq.

Haha thanks, that helped calm me down a bit. They have to specifically mark it on your admission letter if they require a specific prerequisite course mark on the admission letter in order for it to have an affect, right? So if they say just to maintain your academic performance, or just maintain an average of above, say, 80%, then I don't have to worry as much about my Calculus mark? I truly hope so, I just want to be as prepared as possible just incase, I am trying my butt off in Calculus, math has always just been a little hard for me to grasp.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
i dont get your calc mark; you did pretty decent in advanced functions. omgomg why dont you drop calculus, if its not late and take it in private school. hah! i know someone who did that and is now in one of the best uni's for her program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
How can you even manage to do that bad in Calculus when you got 80 in AF? O_o
Was this helpful? Yes 0