yconic - New Guy Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

New Guy Questions

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello,

I had two questions about grade 11 in regards to applying to UofT Rotman, McMaster DeGroote and my backup Ryerson Ted Rogers:

1) How bad is it to repeat a grade 11 course, MCR3U1 Functions specifically?

I was never good at math and I want to repeat the course because I don't want to jeopardize myself in grade 12 with Advanced Functions and Calculus and Vectors. I'd also prefer to take it in semester 2 rather than summer school.

2) Hypothetically, if I balance out my grade 11 to an 80% (aka bad semester 1, great semester 2), however receive 88%+ in grade 12 could I still get accepted (I don't care early acceptance or not) to UofT or McMaster or will I be in............Ryerson?

Bottom line: Does grade 11 marks actually count for normal acceptance UofT Rotman and McMaster DeGroote? Half my friends say yes the other half no, guidance says no but someone told me to be wary of their advice.

Anyways, your advice to end my ever growing stress is greatly appreciated (even the bad news, but I must know the truth).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Dude you know what, i am literally in the exact same situation as you. WOW..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@iRamie wrote
Dude you know what, i am literally in the exact same situation as you. WOW..

My second semester starts on Friday, hopefully those who are helpful can provide us with information we need. I'm going to check back in the morning, no use sitting in front of the computer over a forum that currently has two people in this section due to it being 1:48am.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Polaris wrote
My second semester starts on Friday, hopefully those who are helpful can provide us with information we need. I'm going to check back in the morning, no use sitting in front of the computer over a forum that currently has two people in this section due to it being 1:48am.

You'd be surprised, there's some late roamers on SA. :P

Anyways, to answer your question.
If you're not looking at early acceptance, then no, grade 11 marks won't have an impact on your admissions, it would be just be your grade 12 semesters.
If you're looking at early acceptance, then yes, grade 11 marks matter. They look at your FINAL grade 11 marks and sometimes your first semester grade 12 marks when looking to offer you early admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted