yconic - Next wave of RYERSON JOURNALISM acceptances?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Next wave of RYERSON JOURNALISM acceptances?

A photo of nmi30 nmi30
Anyone have an idea how long it usually takes after the midterm to hear?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of lala93 lala93
I called them. They were very vague...they just said early May on a "rolling basis."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30
Ahh, that is really vague. I just want to find out already!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lala93 lala93

@nmi30 wrote

I know right? And there isn't even a FB group to discuss it. Where else did you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trann Trann
Ryerson already sent out the offers last week, i believe. I got my offer into Politcal Goverance and Aerospace Engineer on May 7. I think their next acceptance should be mid-may, like most university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30

@lala93 wrote

@nmi30 wrote

I know right? And there isn't even a FB group to discuss it. Where else did you apply?

I know! There really should be. I applied to Carleton for Journalism and Guelph-Humber for Media Studies. I got the alternative offer for Communications from Carleton, which I'll probably end up accepting by the look of things! lol Congrats with the acceptances into your programs though! :)

And thank you Trann! That helps :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lala93 lala93
I was reading that our midterm marks are supposed to appear on the 'My Documents' section but it's not there for my portal. Did your marks appear on your portal? Also did anyone get accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aaron2000 Aaron2000
I applied to both Ryerson Radio and Television along with Ryerson Journalism and in the portal it still says "Documents Under Review"

pain in the butt waiting this long
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cdkpsa cdkpsa

@lala93 wrote
I was reading that our midterm marks are supposed to appear on the 'My Documents' section but it's not there for my portal. Did your marks appear on your portal? Also did anyone get accepted yet?

Nothing shows up except the acknowledgement, non-academic requirements and acceptance letters (at least for me).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lala93 lala93
Nvm I found out the midterm mark thing only applies to students that did not apply through OUAC:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30
Ahhh, Ryerson is the only school I'm waiting on now. They only have a little under 2 weeks until the deadline... so frustrating! If anyone hears anything soon, let me know :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tzemis93 tzemis93
Im honestly getting way to nervous with this... Has anyone gotten in yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30

@tzemis93 wrote
Im honestly getting way to nervous with this... Has anyone gotten in yet?

I'm nervous too! My friend found out that he got waitlisted yesterday...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ericaftw ericaftw
According to OUAC's website, Ryerson Journalism is not closed yet! Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cdkpsa cdkpsa

@nmi30 wrote

@lala93 wrote

@nmi30 wrote

I know! There really should be. I applied to Carleton for Journalism and Guelph-Humber for Media Studies. I got the alternative offer for Communications from Carleton, which I'll probably end up accepting by the look of things! lol Congrats with the acceptances into your programs though! :)

And thank you Trann! That helps :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryerson-Journalism-Class-of-2015/206018932770711

Kind of dead right now... :joker:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of novocaine10 novocaine10
So... Journalism is still open and I had a change of heart, so I went ahead and applied VIA ouac. I'm just nervous that by the time "one business" day rolls around, it'll be too late to send in my portfolio because May 30th is approaching really fast. Anyone care to share their averages? Just so I know what to expect?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tzemis93 tzemis93

@novocaine10 wrote
So... Journalism is still open and I had a change of heart, so I went ahead and applied VIA ouac. I'm just nervous that by the time "one business" day rolls around, it'll be too late to send in my portfolio because May 30th is approaching really fast. Anyone care to share their averages? Just so I know what to expect?

89 for my top 6... haven't gotten in yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cdkpsa cdkpsa

@novocaine10 wrote

I got in back in March with an 82. You just have to be extremely meticulous with your writing, I guess. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mikhaylova13 mikhaylova13
i was waitlisted and got in today!!! see everyone who's going at Rye in september :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0