yconic - Night Classes or Afternoon classes?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Night Classes or Afternoon classes?

A photo of dangt dangt
[size=6][/size]So I'm in Business program and I'm not sure what MACROECONOMICS class to take. The one schedule @ 2:30 p.m. or take the night class on Thursday 7-9:50 p.m. I also commute from home to/from campus by car, so no problem. For those at UWindsor, the econ profs are Michael Charette (afternoon class) and Jurate Latvenas (late night class).

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/20kwtcm.jpg[/IMG]

That's the night class macroeconomics with all my other classes.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/t8p7uu.jpg[/IMG]

That's the afternoon macroeconomics class[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Afternoon class. I would rather take an 8:30 morning class than a night class. Never want to go through that experience again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Yeah, definitely an afternoon class.
I am taking a 3 hour night course every week, and it's hard to concentrate when people beside you are watching the hockey game and all that. Plus, you are more awake in the daytime unless you are a nocturnal kind of person.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RobinBC RobinBC
I'd have to say afternoon classes. I'm takeing some classes right now that go to about five or six, and I hate the feeling of leaving the school and it feels like it's the middle of the night.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simpali simpali
UNless there is scheduling conflicts with other stuff in your life, i recomend the afternoon class. Night classes are tough and long. If you have a good prof who can break it up and get you moving it is not bad, but a night lecture is hard to concentrate and even worse it is hard to have a good supper and nights sleep I found when I had my night class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nikkishuvera nikkishuvera
definitely an afternoon class, its better to chill at night.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Afternoon for sure (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaroleM CaroleM
Afternoon for sure. You're more likely to pay greater attention when there is sunlight, and lose your energy throughout the day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rockbaby rockbaby
I would go with the afternoon class if you can, night course at least for me were hard as I would be at school all day then tired from classes that I didn't concentrate best, or I would have the whole day off and not want to drag myself to class.

I am trying to avoid them as much as I can for the rest of my academic career
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
i also prefer afternoon classes. that way i still have time to go home and relax (even if that consists of relaxing with my textbook) before bed. don't underestimate the need to take it easy and be at home!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BLauren BLauren
It all depends on you really. Are you a morning person or a night person? Do you have to walk far to get home and the area can be scary at night? Do you procrastinate and need the whole day present to help you finish up some last minute touches?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Love2travel Love2travel
Take the afternoon class! Late night classes- not the best idea. Your brain just isn't ready to absorb as much at that time in the day- unless you're starting your day later and sleeping in- and also if you're getting home late, it's most probable that you will go to bed late. This will throw you off for the entire week. Trust me, if you push your brain to work too hard and lose too much sleep, it takes a toll on your happiness, health, and worst of all your grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rstudent9 Rstudent9
Unless you're a really energetic person who can keep going so late like that, take the afternoon class. The night classes can be long and it's only once a week, so it's hard to keep the course content fresh in your mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of farrow125 farrow125

@dangt wrote
[size=6][/size]So I'm in Business program and I'm not sure what MACROECONOMICS class to take. The one schedule @ 2:30 p.m. or take the night class on Thursday 7-9:50 p.m. I also commute from home to/from campus by car, so no problem. For those at UWindsor, the econ profs are Michael Charette (afternoon class) and Jurate Latvenas (late night class).

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/20kwtcm.jpg[/IMG]

That's the night class macroeconomics with all my other classes.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/t8p7uu.jpg[/IMG]

That's the afternoon macroeconomics class[/size]

Unless your are a real night person determinately take a afternoon class. The later in the day the less the body tends to be able to concentrate.:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VanessaGlasby VanessaGlasby
I would definitely recommend the afternoon class. It is much easier to concentrate in the afternoon than it is at night, and I feel safer and more comfortable walking around campus during the daylight hours (not sure if that applies to you or not, but it may be something to consider). Also, from my experience, night classes tend to be longer and only once a week, rather than a shorter afternoon class that might occur twice a week. I find that two classes in a week helps me to retain the information better than a once-weekly class. Another thing to consider is that most social events happen in the late afternoon or evening, so a night class might interfere with your social life, occupying your time when you would rather be doing something else.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of moments moments
Because honestly in every night class I've been, 50% people are mentally asleep. So definitely afternoon classes, no question there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of limepunch limepunch

@moments wrote
Because honestly in every night class I've been, 50% people are mentally asleep. So definitely afternoon classes, no question there.

Completely true. Especially since you will be commuting, there's no question. Take the afternoon class where you'd actually learn something - and arrive home safely.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of macpherson184 macpherson184
I found that when I was living on campus in residence, I really didn't mind my nightclass because it was only a 5 minute walk from my room, but I found that once I was living off campus, night classes became my most dreaded part of my week! After going to class all day, trekking back and forth around campus, and then finally getting a chance to get home and grab some dinner, the LAST thing I wanted to do was go hop the bus and go BACK to campus for another three hours! It's also frustrating if you want to try and make plans that night to go out with friends or anything like that (if your class is close to the end of the week). Long story short, they're just exhausting and the last thing you want to do at the end of the day!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jessica888 Jessica888
I'm a night person, so I took plenty of those in university... and absolutely hated all of them. It's hard to stay focused on a three hour class, especially when you know all your friends have plans. Definitely take the afternoon class!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dangt dangt
I like to thank EVERYONE for posting their replies. I eventually decided to take the NIGHT CLASS. I commute to/from campus every night, which I don't mind at all. I actually prefer for some reason, take a night class because there's obviously less people enrolled, which means smaller classroom and more student & teacher interaction. Unlike my other "some 150-290 ppl" classes, I was able to have a "one-on-one" interaction with the prof during class. Class lasts around 2 1/2 hours, and we have a 20-25 minute break in the middle of the class. Especially for someone who hates economics in general, I think having a giant lecture covering 1 week of material for 2 1/2 hours is alright. I was able to zap everything instead of hearing the lectures bit by bit. I usually go home and eat dinner BEFORE I head back to campus, so i'm energized for the night. I don't have any classes on fridays (from the timetable). :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0