yconic - No acknowledgement email from Waterloo for OUAC application = no Waterloo ID # = no access to AIF
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

No acknowledgement email from Waterloo for OUAC application = no Waterloo ID # = no access to AIF

A photo of spomeilnge spomeilnge
It's supposed to be an email with a subject title, "Your next steps in Waterloo’s admissions process".

Is this email you received a long time ago, for those of you who have gotten access to the AIF?

This is so frustrating, the AIF is due on Feb.29 and I haven't even gotten this email. It's supposed to contain the Waterloo ID number that I use to activate the WatIAM account, so I can log into Quest for the AIF form.

I've applied to Waterloo engineering on OUAC in December, but they haven't even sent me an application acknowledgement email. I checked my program choices status and there wasn't a problem. I checked my email correctness on OUAC and there wasn't a problem. I clicked on submit again a few weeks ago, but still NO email. I killed the search engine on my Hotmail account but the last email from Waterloo wanted me to build an online snowman. Did they not receive my application?!?!

I have also sent three emails to different Waterloo assistance emails, but I have not received any replies.

Please help, I feel so stranded.:(

Any advice or insight will be much appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of jasonn2 jasonn2
Just wait for a reply..I applied for Engineering after January 11th, and never received an acknowledgement email either. I emailed them and after a few days received a reply asking for my OUAC number and other personal information. I gave the requested information and another reply was sent to me containing the information I needed to access the AIF.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TotoSmith TotoSmith
Have you tried emailing myapplication@uwaterloo.ca?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Most people I know that applied to UW found their acknowledgement email (myself included) in the junk folder of their email account. Try checking there? If not, as the above post says, email them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cometmars cometmars

@ninetyfour wrote
Most people I know that applied to UW found their acknowledgement email (myself included) in the junk folder of their email account. Try checking there? If not, as the above post says, email them.

+1

A lot of my friends, who have Hotmail, had this problem. It went to their Junk Mail. So it probably got "deleted."

One of the many reasons why one must migrate to Gmail :P

I would contact them immediately... you don't want to put this to the last minute, you don't have that much time. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Soccerboy Soccerboy

@ninetyfour wrote

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of whatthe whatthe

@cometmars wrote

One of the many reasons why one must migrate to Gmail :P

I actually have 2 of my friends using G-mail that had their Waterloo message diverted to junk, however mine did not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Here are some AIF questions if you haven't been in contact with UW yet, to get you started:

PART A: Question 1 - Reasons for choosing your program and Waterloo (*Required) Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

PART B: Question 4 - Additional Information: In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF questions, please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like us to know when we review your application. Please make sure to complete all sections of the AIF before submitting this page. (900 character limit)

ENGINEERING: Question 1 Engineering Interests and Goals (*Required): Briefly explain why you are interested in engineering and particularly in the program to which you have applied. Comment, for example, on your interests and abilities; your career goals; exposure to engineering through school-related and other experiences; and discussions you have had with engineers, teachers, current or past Waterloo students. (900 character limit)

Question 2: Reading Interests (*Required): Discuss a book or a written article that you particularly enjoyed or that has had an impact on you. Preferably choose a book or article that was not part of a course at school. (900 character limit)

:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wow, thank you all so much, especially ninetyfour, I should have checked this sooner for the AIF question tip off. I got a reply from both myapplication@uwaterloo.ca and isthelpd@uwaterloo.ca so now I have my Waterloo ID #. Thanks to all of you kind souls who replied :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
If I was Waterloo, I would not want you. You applied around 2 months prior to today and you could not find your email from Waterloo. Less than a week before the deadline you actually take action. Emailing or calling them would have been a smart thing to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wow, thanks... but I did email them. Procrastinating on the AIF means I care about doing well in school more than boosting my average like you have to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RejectedFromBrock RejectedFromBrock

@spomeilnge wrote
It's supposed to be an email with a subject title, "Your next steps in Waterloo’s admissions process".

Is this email you received a long time ago, for those of you who have gotten access to the AIF?

This is so frustrating, the AIF is due on Feb.29 and I haven't even gotten this email. It's supposed to contain the Waterloo ID number that I use to activate the WatIAM account, so I can log into Quest for the AIF form.

I've applied to Waterloo engineering on OUAC in December, but they haven't even sent me an application acknowledgement email. I checked my program choices status and there wasn't a problem. I checked my email correctness on OUAC and there wasn't a problem. I clicked on submit again a few weeks ago, but still NO email. I killed the search engine on my Hotmail account but the last email from Waterloo wanted me to build an online snowman. Did they not receive my application?!?!

I have also sent three emails to different Waterloo assistance emails, but I have not received any replies.

Please help, I feel so stranded.:(

Any advice or insight will be much appreciated.

Check your junk mails, that's where hotmail puts my waterloo emails...
Was this helpful? Yes 0