yconic - No Limits Conference
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

No Limits Conference

A photo of A23C A23C
Anyone here go? Do you find CA something you'd like to pursue? Your impressions?

I found it nice to hear from actual CAs and aspiring ones as well. Food was a good plus... wanted to win something from raffle though :P. The Funny Money guy was pretty hilarious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of mannyTHEgoat mannyTHEgoat

@A23C wrote
Anyone here go? Do you find CA something you'd like to pursue? Your impressions?

I found it nice to hear from actual CAs and aspiring ones as well. Food was a good plus... wanted to win something from raffle though :P. The Funny Money guy was pretty hilarious.

I went there today too (was sitting at table # 1) and it was pretty good. As far as CA's were concerned, all the info that was given was still shady, but thats obviously expected from a gathering of CA's. Pretty good experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
It was great! Really enjoyed talking to some of the CAs and what they do :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
k i went.. and i just got sold on every bit they said. (im just like that)

so i dont really want this one conference to influence my decision, is there anything they said that might have been sugarcoated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@apark17 wrote
k i went.. and i just got sold on every bit they said. (im just like that)

so i dont really want this one conference to influence my decision, is there anything they said that might have been sugarcoated?

ya i agree. i kinda bought everything they said. imagine all the CAs were getting commission off of saying good things about their jobs ... that'd be pretty cruel
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of okstudent okstudent
No Limits was OK but not superb. The Bell speaker was kind of boring. Food was OK. Great learning experience though...got to meet CAs and talk with them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@okstudent wrote
No Limits was OK but not superb. The Bell speaker was kind of boring. Food was OK. Great learning experience though...got to meet CAs and talk with them

meeting and actually talking to the CAs was awesome, learned a lot!

but honestly though, i just cant BELIEVE everything they said. Too good to be true.. why the fk wouldnt every biz kid wanna become a CA? (if it was true..)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@apark17 wrote

@okstudent wrote

but honestly though, i just cant BELIEVE everything they said. Too good to be true.. why the fk wouldnt every biz kid wanna become a CA? (if it was true..)

Well, many people think accounting is boring, and of course ICAO is going to make it seem as best as possible.

Tell me what they said that you think is supsicous and i'll tell you if it's right :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@thecookiemonster wrote

@apark17 wrote

@okstudent wrote

Well, many people think accounting is boring, and of course ICAO is going to make it seem as best as possible.

Tell me what they said that you think is supsicous and i'll tell you if it's right :)

Accounting IS boring. It can lead to more lucrative things though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0