yconic - No Queen's SOLUS account but looming financial aid deadline!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

No Queen's SOLUS account but looming financial aid deadline!

A photo of tusaani tusaani
I'm a Queen's Chancellor nominee and applied for financial awards as well. I applied through OUAC a bit over a week ago and haven't gotten an update email yet so I don't know how to log into SOLUS. I did get the email below however with a 12th of December deadline... which is way too close for comfort. Anyone else in the same boat?

Dear _______:

Thank you for submitting your Major Admission Awards Application to Queen’s University.

As you know, one or more of the major admission awards you applied for has a financial need criteria. Financial information is to be submitted on the Admission Bursary Application. The Admission Bursary Application is available on SOLUS, the Queen’s University Student Center.

In order for your Major Admission Awards Application to be complete you must submit your Admission Bursary Application by Tuesday December 13, 2011.

If you have already submitted the Admission Bursary Application you may ignore this email.

We appreciate your prompt response to this request and wish you continued success in your studies.

Yours sincerely,
Admission Awards Team
Office of the University Registrar
Student Awards
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of fifteenths fifteenths
Yep. I am in the same boat! Today's the deadline, and STILL no SOLUS log-in info. All I got was the "Hello from Queen's" e-mail telling me that they're still processing applications from students like me.

What do we do now?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tusaani tusaani
I emailed them; supposedly the late info won't count against us and that we should just do it as soon as we get our information.
Was this helpful? Yes 0